GTP_Dutchy :_________10
LongbowX :____________2
GT HP Nut :____________1
Venom800tt :__________1
Apok :_________________1
AOS- :_________________0

Congratulations to GTP_Dutchy!

final_2-jpg.774263

Thank you to all who voted, and for those who entered!

Competition 103

37269909372_e76630e851_o.jpg

Theme chosen by GTP_Dutchy

THEME: In their words: "Open Theme."

36763596436_9389fbb68c_o.jpg

• Editing: Levels, Curves, Colour Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Shadows/Highlight adjustments, Cropping, or anything else capable in the development process or with filters and common special lenses (such as gradients) are allowed to be used in Photoshop or other image editing softwares.
  • You may also edit/clone tool slight defects like dust spots.
  • You may use Unsharp Mask.
  • Other adjustments and effects are not allowed to be used in your picture.
  • Photographs should ideally include some composition and effect - Base the photo on a studio shoot, or even use diorama/composition to create a realistic setting (you could position the model and camera in such a way in an outside setting so that it appears to be a 'real' car)
  • No HDR shots.
  • Shots must be taken between January 2015 and the present day.
  • Work that has been shown previously (outside of the competition) is allowed.
  • One entry per competition. You may change your entry as many times as you wish, however the entry you wish to submit should clearly be labelled with "Final Entry".
  • Pictures posted should preferably be around 900px on their longest edge. You may link to a larger photograph in the post (I believe this is the size limit allowed by the Photography forum, however it likely hasn't been updated in some time)
  • All scales of model are allowed unless specified.

36763596246_74c3f2d170_o.jpg

Deadline for each bi-weekly competition will be 10:00pm EST on a Monday (or Tuesday), poll will be up by 10:30pm EST
Voting will close on Saturday at 10:30pm EST

This competition will close on November 26th.

Last edited:
Thanks a family emergency has left me no time up until now to work on it.

This will simply be a regular competition now, since there was little interest in a Open Edit. It will simply be an open theme, with a finishing date of the 26th.

Sorry, I did like the idea of open edit, but exams have started for me and I haven't really been motivated to take photos during the free time that I have.

Final Entry

Although it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted in the time I had allotted for it, it was an attempt at a homage to the Gran Turismo 5 showroom gallery background options. It's surprisingly difficult to find a video of that option specifically, I really tried! I only found this off-screen footage for those who don't recall the function (or never saw it).

I will have to give it another attempt in the future sometime if I can find a piece of glass to use to do the ground reflections properly.

I will close this tomorrow, just in case anyone wants to post something they forgot about (since it's an open theme, this is the perfect chance to use some B-roll shots! ;) )

Awesome. Just bought a new camera yesterday. Will make something after work tonight.

IMG_0081.jpg

Finally got around to give my new camera a testspin today. Also my gf brought me some gels. Had some fun trying to recreate that typical 80's neon look.
Hope you guys like it!​

Last edited:
Final Entry

Although it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted in the time I had allotted for it, it was an attempt at a homage to the Gran Turismo 5 showroom gallery background options. It's surprisingly difficult to find a video of that option specifically, I really tried! I only found this off-screen footage for those who don't recall the function (or never saw it).

I will have to give it another attempt in the future sometime if I can find a piece of glass to use to do the ground reflections properly.

I will close this tomorrow, just in case anyone wants to post something they forgot about (since it's an open theme, this is the perfect chance to use some B-roll shots! ;) )

If glass is out of your price range, you could get a sheet of white or translucent acrylic to get a similar look:

IS_01+presentation+1.jpg

If glass is out of your price range, you could get a sheet of white or translucent acrylic to get a similar look:
I think it’s even better than glass, because glass has this twin reflection on the surface and underneath the surface, which is particularly prominent if you’re shooting immediately above it.

I think it’s even better than glass, because glass has this twin reflection on the surface and underneath the surface, which is particularly prominent if you’re shooting immediately above it.

Ah yes. I forgot about this. This is more prominent when working with smaller objects.

@AOS- I do appreciate the tip, I have used both glass and acrylic in the past for shots. In this instance, it was a combination of laziness and forgetfulness - as I had forgotten where it was, and I also knew that it was a bit dirty and needed to be cleaned (size-wise it was a bit cumbersome for the location as well). In the time I had, I decided not to bother.

I was looking through the archive at some shots that I had used it for. More shockingly though...Adam (I'm assuming) has surprised me by editing it to include the entries from this revival of the competition (though a few of the links are broken, easily fixed though). That was a project I was going to tackle at some point, but never got around to. So, thank you my friend, I'm very grateful.

@AOS- I do appreciate the tip, I have used both glass and acrylic in the past for shots. In this instance, it was a combination of laziness and forgetfulness - as I had forgotten where it was, and I also knew that it was a bit dirty and needed to be cleaned (size-wise it was a bit cumbersome for the location as well). In the time I had, I decided not to bother.

I was looking through the archive at some shots that I had used it for. More shockingly though...Adam (I'm assuming) has surprised me by editing it to include the entries from this revival of the competition (though a few of the links are broken, easily fixed though). That was a project I was going to tackle at some point, but never got around to. So, thank you my friend, I'm very grateful.

Oh that was actually me that reuploaded and organised them all (well, the ones that weren't killed by imageshack ages ago). No idea why some of the thumbnail images are dead since the normal sized ones are definitely still up. I guess flickr changed the links for some reason?
I'll fix it as soon as I'm out of exams. :scared:

EDIT:
Seems that it's not always the same images that are broken. I might just have to rehost the thumbnail images somewhere else.

@Apok Well, that's exceedingly kind of you, thank you. It is unfortunate Imageshack killed some of the links. Flickr sometimes seems a bit temperamental with links and formatting. Even when I'm using them while making threads, the links just occasionally break even though I can't see anything wrong with it. Take your time anyway, and good luck with your exams!

When you do tackle this later, you can add 2 more to the Archive that I found (just going to attach them here, if you're going to upload them somewhere else):

Week 79 - Tangled Web

model79entry.jpg

Week 80 - LongbowX

IMG_3622gtp3.jpg

Last edited:
Back