36775453362_621acba1fb_o.jpg

36142707143_917edbf628_o.jpg

Week 103

AOS- :_________________8
GTP_Dutchy :___________1
LongbowX :____________0

Congratulations to AOS-!

poster.jpg

Thank you to all who voted, and for those who entered!

Competition 104

37269909372_e76630e851_o.jpg

Theme chosen by AOS-

THEME: In their words: "Fitting in.

Create a photo composition where the subject seems to be out of place, yet doesn't feel like it. It feels right at home. Create a sense of comfort or arrangement that is pleasing to the eye.

-Use of props is totally okay.
-Does not have to be a single car.
-No limitation on location (yes volcanoes and oceans are allowed).
-Must use your imagination. you won't win without it. muhahaha."

36763596436_9389fbb68c_o.jpg

• Editing: Levels, Curves, Colour Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Shadows/Highlight adjustments, Cropping, or anything else capable in the development process or with filters and common special lenses (such as gradients) are allowed to be used in Photoshop or other image editing software.
  • You may also edit/clone tool slight defects like dust spots.
  • You may use Unsharp Mask.
  • Other adjustments and effects are not allowed to be used in your picture.
  • Photographs should ideally include some composition and effect - Base the photo on a studio shoot, or even use diorama/composition to create a realistic setting (you could position the model and camera in such a way in an outside setting so that it appears to be a 'real' car)
  • No HDR shots.
  • Shots must be taken between January 2015 and the present day.
  • Work that has been shown previously (outside of the competition) is allowed.
  • One entry per competition. You may change your entry as many times as you wish, however the entry you wish to submit should clearly be labelled with "Final Entry".
  • Pictures posted should preferably be around 900px on their longest edge. You may link to a larger photograph in the post (I believe this is the size limit allowed by the Photography forum, however it likely hasn't been updated in some time)
  • All scales of model are allowed unless specified.

36763596246_74c3f2d170_o.jpg

Deadline for each bi-weekly competition will be 10:00pm EST on a Monday (or Tuesday), poll will be up by 10:30pm EST
Voting will close on Saturday at 10:30pm EST

This competition will close on January 7th.

Last edited:
Got something comming up next week. not to sure it works but its something.

I like to keep things open-ended for interpretation. I don't feel we ought to be so competitive that we have to be strict with the wording.

That said I still haven't started anything on my end :lol:

I'll put aside time for it since there's no work tomorrow!

Edit: *shrugs* Not what I originally envisioned, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Corvette.jpg

Last edited:
It wouldn't be me if I didn't enter only at the last moment. Had this idea weeks ago, took the shots around 1 week ago, but only began picking which one to use yesterday (and completed the selection today). :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

Wolf in sheep's clothing.
Really struggling to come up with an idea to fit in the theme (no pun intended), so this is all I can improvise without a diorama (or even the capability or materials to create one).

Dang it I completely forgot about all this. I've got something on a SD card. Now I gotta find on which of the 10 it's on.

Although I do have an entry to this and would close it, I'm willing to wait until @GTP_Dutchy can search his 10 SD cards. :lol:

My idea was somewhat similar to GT HP Nut's though. It wasn't a deliberate copy. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Hey, I only count 8! That's easy!
Yup and 2 HDD oh the joy!!

You forgot the "FINAL ENTRY" bit. :lol:
Whahaha nope :P

Anyway here it is....
IMG_8902.jpg

Final entry

Picked up this model at a local supermarket for 5 euro's. Thought i'd have a bit of fun with this one and modify it with some led lights i got an night run event. So the picture looks like an ordanary box but the thing that doesn"t fit in is the lights. Somehow the look reminds me of a video i saw on youtube about Japanese Car Culture

I also made an attempts at silhouetting the car using the heads of matched. the thing that didn't fit would then be that in real life you don't see fire behind the lambo but it's actually the lambo that's on fire. but I thought that would be a bit lame and the execution was poor/extinguished :P

I do very much enjoy hearing the inspiration, and the success and failures of ideas.

I just chose to photograph the black sheep in the family.

Final Entry

Back