Titan
36775453362_621acba1fb_o.jpg
36142707143_917edbf628_o.jpg

Week 112

AerodyManiac :__________________4
Venom800tt :____________________1
AOS- :___________________________0

Congratulations to AerodyManiac!

Thank you to all who voted, and for those who entered!

Competition 113

37269909372_e76630e851_o.jpg

Theme chosen by AerodyManiac

THEME: In their words: "Signature feature.

Take photos of the most distinctive design feature of a model car. It can be the grille, a livery, the taillights, or the contour of the overall shape, or anything else that you see as special. It doesn’t even have to be commonly agreed on! As long as you consider it to be the most distinctive design, then it’s fine.

36763596436_9389fbb68c_o.jpg

• Editing: Levels, Curves, Colour Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Shadows/Highlight adjustments, Cropping, or anything else capable in the development process or with filters and common special lenses (such as gradients) are allowed to be used in Photoshop or other image editing software.
  • You may also edit/clone tool slight defects like dust spots.
  • You may use Unsharp Mask.
  • Other adjustments and effects are not allowed to be used in your picture.
  • Photographs should ideally include some composition and effect - Base the photo on a studio shoot, or even use diorama/composition to create a realistic setting (you could position the model and camera in such a way in an outside setting so that it appears to be a 'real' car)
  • No HDR shots.
  • Shots must be taken between January 2016 and the present day.
  • Work that has been shown previously (outside of the competition) is allowed.
  • One entry per competition. You may change your entry as many times as you wish, however the entry you wish to submit should clearly be labelled with "Final Entry".
  • Pictures posted should preferably be around 900px on their longest edge. You may link to a larger photograph in the post (I believe this is the size limit allowed by the Photography forum, however it likely hasn't been updated in some time)
  • All scales of model are allowed unless specified.

36763596246_74c3f2d170_o.jpg

Deadline for each bi-weekly competition will be 10:00pm EST on a Monday (or Tuesday), poll will be up by 10:30pm EST
Voting will close on Saturday at 10:30pm EST

This competition will close on November 4th

My entry:

CMC Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage, it has an amazing engine, the best one in my entire collection.

She's still *sob* so pretty! Good job keeping her clean.

My entry:

door.JPG

This is a Road Signature Model, a low-end brand that was lacking the smaller decals. Everything from "Roger Penske Chevrolet" and below were all add-ons. And the "P" too.

If you guys don't mind a really late entry, I've shot something today and made something. Admittedly, it isn't the best I could've made, but both of my camera's batteries ran out of juice spontaneously without me noticing it, so I had limited time to do it after half-charging one of the batteries, especially with the sun setting quickly. I also am not exactly sure if it qualifies as an entry, as I applied a black and white filter whose degree of application can be toggled via Flickr's on-site editor, so I'll leave it to you guys to decide.

FINAL ENTRY

Chose this because I think the LFA's centrally-mounted triple exhaust pipes are pretty special.

Edit: Entry changed to a slightly better looking one.

Last edited:
Not sure if you’ll see this any time soon (considering the last time you have logged on), but when will you close this week’s competition and create a new poll for it, @LongbowX ? I hope that I’m not coming across as urging, but it’s been over a month since the deadline... But of course, if you’re busy with other things and will be so for some time to come, then do take your time. :)

Back