autosave not autosaving!@

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fatal Error
  • 26 comments
  • 2,137 views
Messages
16
so yesterday i let my ps2 run one of those 24 hour races, among 3 other endurance races and when i was done, i got out of the race screen, went to my home, went back to the "map" and i figured it would have autosaved by then..it usually does after you win a race (right?)..so i shut off my ps2..well this morning when i turned my ps2 on, i had like 3 million less than i had last night, and all the races i did yesterday were not completed. what the hell happened? i thought it would have autosaved!

maybe i should mention that i was running one of the 24 hour races, then we lost power at my house....the next day, i started up my ps2 and did the race over again, and 3 others (as mentioned above) and it didn't seem to autosave. maybe my game got messed up cause we lost power..? but i don't see how that would make a difference..:(

any ideas?
 
In the U.S. version if you have it on restricted it only saves when you get in a car. In the Chinese version restricted mode saves when you sell cars. So whatever version you have if you have it in restricted mode what happened is normal and will happen again if you let it. I have no idea when it saves when not in restricted as I put it on restricted on day #1. quan lot thoi trang shop do so sinh ban si quan ao ban buon quan ao cac loai chup anh san pham
 
Last edited:
regardless of whether or not it autosaves, I always manually save it before I turn it off for the night. Or, if I'm going to leave it on and B-spec an endurance race, I save just before I do that...
 
slowman
regardless of whether or not it autosaves, I always manually save it before I turn it off for the night. Or, if I'm going to leave it on and B-spec an endurance race, I save just before I do that...
I do the same thing. I like to be sure that everything gets saved.
 
How can you be so stupid to do 3 or 4 big races and count on the auto save. I would save after every race aspecially an endurance race.

btw: I have the PAL version and auto save doesn't say nothing from restricted. Its just on and off that you can choose.
 
Hãt©h
Make that 3 in a row....

i am number 4

I made that mistake once in GT2 and GT3, never again. I always save manually before I turn off the PS2
 
kikie
i am number 4

I made that mistake once in GT2 and GT3, never again. I always save manually before I turn off the PS2

You mean number 5 because I am number 4 :dopey:
 
Im number 6
 
I'm number 7! :lol:

It is pretty dumb to do 24 hour races and not check that it saved though, really... So it's your own fault for that reason...
 
9!! :)

I always used to save after every race manually in GT3.......I didnt know that the PAL version got rid of the silly "restricted" auto save........its just on and off right.....I only got my GT4 working 1/2 hour ago :lol:
 
10
 
dont be ashamed I went threw all of the driveing missions in one night and three controllersand a fourth after I found out the damn thing didn't save
 
I'm not a number. I'm a free man.
 
#11
Have done all 24hr races (3 wins, 1 2nd place :grumpy: )
saved after each race.
AUTOSAVE on restricted.
Sorry to hear you about your problem. :indiff: Found out your setting for auto save before you shut PS2 down.
 
daan
I'm not a number. I'm a free man.
WE WANT INFORMATION. INFORMATION. INFORMATION!

I just buy a new car or hop into a new one when I want to save, and then watch to make sure that the little icon is all blinky. And I usually save manually too, but it's rather moot because my PS2 ain't playing GT4 no more....oh well....guess i'll get a new one (a new what? exactly!)
 
slowman
regardless of whether or not it autosaves, I always manually save it before I turn it off for the night. Or, if I'm going to leave it on and B-spec an endurance race, I save just before I do that...


I've turned Autosave off so it only saves when I change cars, but I still ALLWAYS go Home & Save before I turn the PS2 off
 
13

Werd. You must not be an old school GT player. GT2 taught us that not double or even triple checking a save makes baby jesus cry.
 
they better placed a lot of "save" buttons instead of an auto save function
 
I do not have autosave restricted, but it will only save in certain places, and after the end of races is NOT one of them. So as said above double and triple save...
During long championships such as "1000 Miles!" i left the race to save after each event, and then returned to carry on, despite not turning my ps2 off, you know how it is...
 
A couple of guys are either P.McGoohan fans or have good taste in music. Other than that, save before you turn the thing off.
 
Back