Autumm Ring - How Can I improve my lap times?

• Thread starter CalhauGTi
  • 4 comments
Portugal
Portugal
calhauduro
Hi guys, on Saturday I´m having a important online race in GT6.
I will be using a Subaru Impreza GT300, stock, detuned to 315 hp and the track is Autumm Ring (not the mini, the complete one).
And I would like to receive some tips about that race track because I know that I´m able to be faster, but the truth is that I don´t know how.
Any help guys?

Hi guys, on Saturday I´m having a important online race in GT6.
I will be using a Subaru Impreza GT300, stock, detuned to 315 hp and the track is Autumm Ring (not the mini, the complete one).
And I would like to receive some tips about that race track because I know that I´m able to be faster, but the truth is that I don´t know how.
Any help guys?
Just practise on that circuit in the Arcade Mode until Saturday 👍.

Another thing you can do, go to YouTube and type in the name of the track and you can watch their driving lines.

If you feel like 5 minutes of reading, here goes.

With 1000's of laps on Autumn Ring, I've learned a few tricks. Turn 1 is tough because people get real brave and try to stuff it in. Conservative is best here, just get around it and don't brake too late. The right-left-right chicane takes some finesse. Cutting corners will upset the car and you don't make up much time. The next two turns set up the rest of the lap, and begin the sequence where you can make up the most time. The first right hand pretty much depends upon traffic, but resist the urge to go wide and try to get up some speed, I've found it usually results in the opposite. The next right hand turn before the "toilet bowl ring" should have a late apex. Get on the gas as early as you can. Practice on the long left hand "toilet bowl" ( watch your ghost ) - different cars like different places and different apexes. On this turn I've found that certain cars like an impossibly late apex. Don't just settle for the usual outside-inside-outside. The sooner you can get on the power the better. The right hand turn at the bottom of the hill is very important as it sets you up for the run up to the finish. Take a late apex, and again, wait to turn in until it seems almost too late, and get on the power as soon as possible.

Overall I've found the last 1/2 lap to be the most crucial part of getting a good time. Best of luck!

Back