Autumn Leaves

Canada
Toronto
iRate-1-
While watching various Project Cars videos just now, it occurred to me - all foliage appears to be green.

That's fine, but wouldn't it be beautiful to optionally be driving during Autumn when leaves are a mix of yellow, orange, brown, and red? And have some of these leaves coating the ground too, or being swept across the road? Keep the pines still green of course, mixed in with the deciduous trees...

I wonder if Slightly Mad Studios browses these forums for ideas. Hope they pick-up on this one and add it as DLC at some point!

I've been silently wondering about the scattered leaves that used to appear in screenshots. I hope that feature wasn't killed off by sticklers in the WMD forums.

@Trux -- Cool, I actually figured most WMD members simply leave the date to match the system clock, and so that's why we haven't seen leaves since last fall. :)

I've been silently wondering about the scattered leaves that used to appear in screenshots. I hope that feature wasn't killed off by sticklers in the WMD forums.
VVV mentioned it in his latest video about leaves flying around.

@Trux -- Cool, I actually figured most WMD members simply leave the date to match the system clock, and so that's why we haven't seen leaves since last fall. :)

The leaves appear on some tracks only, independent from the season AFAIK.
Seasonal dressing of the tracks was discussed and it would be nice to have but that's probably out of scope for PCARS1

Leaves are a nice touch in racing games for some reason, as are birds. Would be cool to see the foliage change color through the racing season. Like someone else said, Project Cars 3+ maybe.

...I wonder if Slightly Mad Studios browses these forums for ideas. Hope they pick-up on this one and add it as DLC at some point!
This forum has come up with several diligent observations which have been fed back to WMD - some of that is now in the game, so you guys may well have been in on steering a few details in the right direction :)

This forum has come up with several diligent observations which have been fed back to WMD - some of that is now in the game, so you guys may well have been in on steering a few details in the right direction :)
i'll be looking forward to seeing that kangaroo as DLC soon then :D

Back