Average new car cost

  • Thread starter Thread starter jcbiker
  • 7 comments
  • 622 views
Messages
68
I have searched, with dukes very helpfull tutorial, but have truely found nothing this time.

What do you think, on average, you spend on a new car each time to mod it up, and get it race worthy. I figure i spend around 20k on making it raceable, and another 20k if i need every thing it can give.
 
Nothing, well I buy tyres for them but that's about it. I like to drive my cars stock.
 
Ugh, i could never do that, unless they already have the enough kick to see me through what i bought them for.
 
to answer your questions it all depends on what i want from the car, it can range from nothing to 200,000 credits. If i want an all out maximum attack of the ring then it will probably be the top end of the scale but generally i spend between 0 and 50,000 credits spent on suspension, uprated transmission and making the car lighter
 
Specialized, i take it your into biking...What bike/s have you got?
 
jcbiker
Specialized, i take it your into biking...What bike/s have you got?
Ah, a little word of advice jcbiker, PMing Specialized is the best bet if you want to ask him a personal question, even one off topic. ;)
 
G.T
Ah, a little word of advice jcbiker, PMing Specialized is the best bet if you want to ask him a personal question, even one off topic. ;)

Sorted:)
 
lol... that's great. the thread made it to 5 posts before the owner ran it off-topic.
classic stuff.

As others have said, it really depends on what I intend the car to do, and it's stock performance.

Say I grab an FR with the intent of tuning it for drifting.
Then suspension and drivetrain mods (primarily LSD) are a must, as is a chassis refresh if the car came from a used lot. Often I find a weight reduction necessary. Power isn't normally an issue if the car has anything more than 250hp. Tires come for free.
So I'd estimate..... in the area of $40k to $100k.

For racing, I don't like to overwhelm the competition, lately I've been looking for realistic looking races with high a-spec points - I want my car to look like a real world competitor of the same car class as the competition. (ie. no Ram vs ____ type races, except for the truck race). I keep my level of tune below what I figure the competition is running. So the less money spent here, the better.

What I've kinda been following is this:
for B and A license races I will find a reasonable car and not go beyond Sports parts.
for some A and most IB license races I might use some semi-racing components
for IA and S events I'll use anything i want.
My goal is >125 a spec points per race.
Naturally, the costs associated with tuning cars for each level as I have designated them increases as you advance through them.
 
Back