Avid GT5 fan's first impression GT6 (Christmas 2013)

• Thread starter Pingman
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
London
Ok, I've genuinely played GT5 pretty much every day since release and absolutely love it, great game but I was getting a little tired of the same cars and tracks so I was therefore really looking forward to the new tracks and cars that GT6 would bring! :)

I got it Christmas day and have so far played a couple of hours, my first impressions:

• Car handling feels a bit 'off'. Seemed more realistic in GT5 in to me.
  • Game interface menus feel dated in design and layout.
  • Graphics don't seem as crisp as GT5.

Yes, to my own surprise being such a HUGE GT fan i'm actually not liking it so far!!

Genuinely quite disappointed, it definitely is not the step forward I was expecting.

very strange, really hoping it grows on me some how!

Anyone else got the same impression this?

Nope... Not my impressions, GT5 didn't feel more realistic at all. I could care less about interface but I am glad this makes it quicker. Graphics seem on par. They are better in some areas but less anti-aliasing.

Got it today, less than 24h ago.

Got to play it for the better part of the day with the DFGT =)

I have been playing GT5 for the past 4 weeks in anticipation of getting from my wife GT6.

Therefore i practically played both games back ro back.

So here are my short impressions of GT6 compared to GT5

Graphism: much better and crisper
Menu Layout: seems lazy at first, but actually it is awesome how easy and logical things are set up. So much simpler. There might be a couple thing where GT5 is better, but 90% of GT6 LAYOUT IS definitely welcomed
Handling and driving dynamics: it is overall the same feeling as found in GT5. But i can feel definite improvements. I cant wet pinpoint to what exactly since i havent played extensively.

So far i love it!
With the UCD gone, i have one less thing to worry and to work for. I can focus on the main task at hand, which is to drive and improve my driving.

I completed the Novice, gold it and started on the B license. Got my M4 and AMG for free thanks to the Seasonals.

I particularly love the AMG/ Materhorn/ DFGT combo!

Cant wait to play GT6 again without my pregnant wife feeling like i am ignoring her lol...

Conclusion, i cant believe how much more PD is able to draw any more out of the PS3... they are truly pushing this console to the limit, and its beautiful.

It's not a perfect sim, but i enjoy this game too much from my wife's stare.

I am / was a huge GT5 fan aswell, and gotta admit this game is improved in a lot of areas.
-More tracks
-More cars
-Lots of improved standard cars
-More realistic physics
-Menú is much faster
-Added online features
-More tunning bits and pieces
-You keep paint colours forever
-You can buy any car at any time (no used car dealership)
-You can buy any helmet / racing suit at any time
-No ridiculously long endurance races
-No boring B-spec
-No useless things like car horns.

Ok, I've genuinely played GT5 pretty much every day since release and absolutely love it, great game but I was getting a little tired of the same cars and tracks so I was therefore really looking forward to the new tracks and cars that GT6 would bring! :)

I got it Christmas day and have so far played a couple of hours, my first impressions:

• Car handling feels a bit 'off'. Seemed more realistic in GT5 in to me.
  • Game interface menus feel dated in design and layout.
  • Graphics don't seem as crisp as GT5.

Yes, to my own surprise being such a HUGE GT fan i'm actually not liking it so far!!

Genuinely quite disappointed, it definitely is not the step forward I was expecting.

very strange, really hoping it grows on me some how!

Anyone else got the same impression this?

I think the car handling is better in GT6.
The menus are far better in GT6, they were a nightmare in GT5.
Graphics are kinda muddy in GT6, GT5 is much crisper. Lighting is much better in GT6.
Rain looks like crap in GT6. Night time looks pretty good in GT6. AI is non existent in GT5 and GT6.

"Conclusion, i cant believe how much more PD is able to draw any more out of the PS3... they are truly pushing this console to the limit, and its beautiful.

It's not a perfect sim, but i enjoy this game too much from my wife's stare."

Very true that!!! Also today i finished the game (101%, really<<) and my impression over GT5 is that GT6 has more real handling and driving dynamics

Back