awarded top gear trophy-still no track unlocked

  • Thread starter Thread starter ebay_moon
  • 6 comments
  • 936 views
Messages
10
Hi guys, having been awarded the top gear trophy (Samba event: silver, lotus: gold, kubelwagon: gold), surely I should be seeing the top gear track unlock in practice under 'world tracks'?
Or do I HAVE to gold the Samba event too?
I've looked on other threads with conflicting opinions - does anyone have a definitive answer?

Many thanks for any replies.
 
you'll need to gold the samba bus event.:sly:

actualy that is the onliy one you'll need gold for.
Pretty impressive you golded the lotus event. it is about 300 times harder then the VW- bus event
 
I believe one of the 'secrets' for golding the lotus event is on the first and second corner. On the first corner, I got the back end out enough that I could slip through the 11th and 10th cars (on the right of the 11th and the left of the 10th, kinda making them a mobile chicane. Then on the second corner, not slowing down at all and rubbing up a couple of cars gently on their sides. I was in 7th, I believe, by the time I got onto the straight that leads to the hammerhead. Then, of course, slipping up the right whilst they're braking).
It still took me a few attempts, though...

PS - thanks for the answer!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks, I'll give it a try (it was the only one Ididn't get gold on)

The secret for the Bus event is not to brake to much and try to carry as much speed trough the corner as posible, the acceleration os those vans is horrific.

If done right you can overtake the last one just after the followtrough.
 
Just done it , 2 hours it took me complete frustation and annoyance , but when god when i got into first place on the last lap my heart was like going 10 to the dozen i was constantly watching every inch of my rear view mirror. but i did enough and got 2.05 second lead and thankfully it was enough to get me over the line in first place and win.

The advanced race is a absolute piece of cake , as there is only 8 cars you just need to watch out for the other non racing cars as they will whack you and that will result in disqualifcation also.

like Gejabo say's keep the braking to a min , just watch the 2nd place driver he may attempt to push you on the follow through just keep your nerve and get brake a small amount to get control otherwise say bye to gold , but they will brake at the entrance to the last corner and you should be able to gain it back there.
 
Last edited:
I believe one of the 'secrets' for golding the lotus event is on the first and second corner. On the first corner, I got the back end out enough that I could slip through the 11th and 10th cars (on the right of the 11th and the left of the 10th, kinda making them a mobile chicane. Then on the second corner, not slowing down at all and rubbing up a couple of cars gently on their sides. I was in 7th, I believe, by the time I got onto the straight that leads to the hammerhead. Then, of course, slipping up the right whilst they're braking).
It still took me a few attempts, though...

PS - thanks for the answer!

I do this but by the hammerhead I was in 5th. Easy win.
 
YES! Did it in 4:21 - top gear track has indeed openend up.
Thanks for all replies.
 
Back