Awesome... my Chrome Line cars modifications are gone after moving to new PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter McGaRnAgLe
  • 7 comments
  • 2,613 views
Messages
62
So, I used the data transfer utility to transfer everything from the old PS3 to new.

I started a separate account (in addition to the previous one that was transferred), so I could start a new GT5 save (but keep my old one). I went into this new game save, and none of the bonus cars from the CE were there. Okay, so I have to go download them again through Account Management. No problem.

I did that, and my new save has the bonus cars. Great, right? No.

I go into my other (old) account, and all of the Chrome Line/Stealth cars I had with millions of dollars of modifications are back to stock configuration. WTF???

Is this because of the server maintenance right now?

Great job, PD... 👎 :grumpy:

Edited for clarification:

My old save, with modifications to the Chrome Line and Stealth cars, have reverted back to stock.

When I initially used the data transfer utility and loaded my original save, the modifications to my Chrome Line/Stealth cars were still present.

It was only until I had to go into PSN account management and re-download those cars, so my new save would have them, did the modifications get overwritten and the cars reverted back to stock configurations on my original save.

Is that clearer? Let me know if you need further clarification.

The thing that upsets me is that I do not feel having to re-download the cars should override my original save files configuration. The game should see what upgrades are present on those cars, and keep them applied to the cars in the original save file.

Obviously, any new save file created would have those cars in stock form.

Maybe it was just due to the server maintenance of the last 24 hours, and once my save file can "speak" to the PD servers, all will be well again. If not, then that means hundreds of thousands (possibly even in the low million dollar range) will have been wasted on tuning my bonus cars.
 
Last edited:
OSNAP. Misread OP.
 
Last edited:
I don't understand why you would think your new save would have the modifications from the old save in the first place.

This. It's absurd to think a new save would have the same stuff as an old save :dunce:
 
Perhaps he's bummed because both saves don't have the limited edition chrome line cars. Surely the mods can be replaced.
 
This. It's absurd to think a new save would have the same stuff as an old save :dunce:

Almost as absurd as not reading the part where he said his old save doesn't have the modifications either, which is what he's upset about.

I'm guessing that since they're DLC/unlocked content, they get reset to default each time they're unlocked and the move to a new PS3 did exactly that.
 
So, I used the data transfer utility to transfer everything from the old PS3 to new.

I started a separate account (in addition to the previous one that was transferred), so I could start a new GT5 save (but keep my old one). I went into this new game save, and none of the bonus cars from the CE were there. Okay, so I have to go download them again through Account Management. No problem.

I did that, and my new save has the bonus cars. Great, right? No.

I go into my other (old) account, and all of the Chrome Line/Stealth cars I had with millions of dollars of modifications are back to stock configuration. WTF???

Is this because of the server maintenance right now?

Great job, PD... 👎 :grumpy:

You transferred your PS3 stuff to your new PS3? A seperate account? The old account should lose those cars are they are supposed to only be on one account, you trying to multiply cars? That might be a bug in the system, but the chrome line cars are kind of a separate thing as they didn't transfer over when you copied the save, perhaps you can call that to PD's attention to that fact. That's pretty bad, but at least you still have the cars.
 
Just to clarify, as some of you did not read my post correctly.

My old save, with modifications to the Chrome Line and Stealth cars, have reverted back to stock.

When I initially used the data transfer utility and loaded my original save, the modifications to my Chrome Line/Stealth cars were still present.

It was only until I had to go into PSN account management and re-download those cars, so my new save would have them, did the modifications get overwritten and the cars reverted back to stock configurations on my original save.

Is that clearer? Let me know if you need further clarification.

The thing that upsets me is that I do not feel having to re-download the cars should override my original save files configuration. The game should see what upgrades are present on those cars, and keep them applied to the cars in the original save file.

Obviously, any new save file created would have those cars in stock form.

Maybe it was just due to the server maintenance of the last 24 hours, and once my save file can "speak" to the PD servers, all will be well again. If not, then that means hundreds of thousands (possibly even in the low million dollar range) will have been wasted on tuning my bonus cars.
 
I had this odd bug at times where i boguht upgrades for my car and then after a race they are gone, think it has something to do with the online servers.
 
Back