Awesome Online Race

• Thread starter Smuttysy
  • 0 comments
United Kingdom
Bristol, England
Smuttysy
Epic 10 lap Japanese GT only race at Tokyo R246.

Four Racers:
Honda Mobil 1 NSX (Me)
Nissan YellowHat GT-R
Nissan GT-R (GT Academy Version)
Mazda RX7 LM Race Car

I decided to bring out my trusty Mobil 1 NSX against some seasoned players, as the decision had been made for a JGTC/ GT500 race. One guy ignored these rules completely and brought out a GT-R GT Academy version and proceeded to try and take me out, but I soon left him in my mirrors. Also left trailing behind was a guy who picked the RX7 LM.

I made a few schoolboy errors and found myself several seconds behind the guy in first several times, getting the lines slightly too close to the walls and spinning out etc. Every second lap or so I'd catch up again and the racing was good, clean and fun.

It really came down to the wire on the last lap, where we were trading places all the way round, and on the final corner he got slightly caught up on the barrier on the inside of the corner, which meant I managed to get past. He recovered quickly and was just a car length behind on the little hill at the beginning of the straight. With a tiny draft up the straight he just took the win by 0.061 of a second.

The finish line looked like this
CloseFinish.jpg

Now a firm favourite racing buddy :)

Back