to my grandmas house in the mountains, usualy not too exciting. but
we just happened to go on the weekend they have their annual car
show. it was realy cool, mostly hot-rods as most shows around here,
but there were a few cars that realy got me excited. firstly, the first car
we saw was my lifetime dream car, a genuine, black 1967 Shelby Cobra
427 with Carroll Shelby's signature on the drivers seat. i just wanted to
stand there and look at it the whole time, god i love those things. and
right next to that was a bright yellow 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, another
one of those cars that i think have the best lines in the world. then after searching around i found some sweet old british type cars, like a old MG B,
and a Austin Healey , i dont remember what years but they looked great.
then there were some of those weird but interesting cars like the 'amphicar',
a Morris Minor and a realy weird looking Studebaker (spelling?) with a engine from a Z06 corvette. there was even this 1914 Ford with one of those crank starters on the front, by the way the car drove out of the car show, it wasnt towed, which was really cool.
once it was over and i was getting settled in for the 3 hour drive home, of all things, i see a RUF Porsche, graphite gray color with racing wheels and 'RUF' on the side, first time i had ever seen one in real life. so thats about it, i just had to post it on here even though it has nothing to do with gt2, i couldnt help it :)

altho it has nothing at all to do with GT2, sweet!

whats a studebaker look like then? my mate keeps babbling about them :(

theyre realy weird looking, the front especially the grill is like a circle.. its hard to describe :ill: the front end kindof looks like a target, the back end isnt too weird though. it was realy interesting to look at for sure

i didnt get any pics from the show, just some video. i can try to get some pics of the kinds of cars i saw though, i dont think the old copy-paste thing works on here does it?

It's been ages since I've been to a car show. Yeah you're right, there's nothing like seeing real-life machines, man! If you live on the west coast, you can see plenty of old historic cars right on the street everyday because cars don't rust out there. My brother has a '69 Ford Falcon with a 6-cylinder and a 3 on the tree steering-wheel mounted manual tranny (not the most exciting car in the world, but still charming). About 4 years ago, some dudes tried to steal it, but gave up trying to figure out how to shift gears and they only got like a block away from his house!

Last edited:
do cars over here realy not rust? i havnt lived here long enough to notice that. but yeah theres alot of cool old cars around, soon me and my dad are gonna start restoring his '55 chevy, thats gonna be alot of fun. maybe ill get to drive it hehe. dude thats an awesome story! hillarious too. those guys dont sound like the brightest people out there :dunce:

Korndawg
do cars over here realy not rust? i havnt lived here long enough to notice that. but yeah theres alot of cool old cars around, soon me and my dad are gonna start restoring his '55 chevy, thats gonna be alot of fun. maybe ill get to drive it hehe. dude thats an awesome story! hillarious too. those guys dont sound like the brightest people out there :dunce:

Yeah, bro...cars don't rust on the west coast as much ESPECIAlly if you're in California, and you'll start to notice tons of cool machines out there. The reason is that it doesn't snow so much on the west, and they don't use road salt when it does because most cities don't budget for it. Even where I was in Oregon with all that rain, you'll rarely see a car rust unless it's being driven on the beach or something. This past January we had an ice storm in Portland and I nearly wrecked my 4wheel drive Isuzu Trooper because the ice was so hard to see.

Last edited:
thats cool, and true that it NEVER snows around here. lol be careful drivin on ice dude i remember that from when i was in VA, tryin to ride my bike on icy roads.. quite painful

Back