B gold, TRD3000, any picture

While waiting for GT4, I went back to GT1 and 2 trying to get the gold licenses ( I never bothered to try it before thinking I wouldn't have a chance ).
I'm more interested with gold licenses in GT1 because the prizes cars cannot be obtained any other way.
I got B gold , but A gold is a lot more challenging
Could someone please be kind enough to post a picture of the A gold prize car ? ( the TRD 3000 )
tia

LoudMusic
Usually I would suggest you search Google's Images but it actually found nothing for Gran Turismo. All it found was this real car. Which is cool too (:

Thanks a lot for the pics LoudMusic. I think I'll use one of them as my avatar :)
Maybe my original post was not clear but what I really would like is a screenshot of GT1 with the TRD3000 and not pictures of the real model ( even if the pics look great ).

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I couldn't find any Gran Turismo pictures, only pictures of the real thing.

Um. The TRD 3000GT.

It's the second best AI car in the Normal Car Series after the NSX Type S Zero, and nearly always shows up in that series.

So the easiest way to see what it looks like is to enter the Normal Car Series (basic A license only required).

i got some pics, but i put race mods on, which i think is the same as other supra
trd3k0jt.jpg

You should have cloned it before modding it. :(

You could get pictures of the AI one from the Normal Car Series.

I found it in the normal car serie. Thanks SportWagon for the info. But I desagree with you about the best car to enter the normal ( untuned ) car serie. Imho the best untuned car is the Dodge Viper.
To Stumpydino:: You shouldn't have modded your TRD3000, because it looks exactly like a regular Supra RZ. It even lost its air intake on the hood.Another minor flaw in GT1 ( should we call that a bug ? ).
The TRD3000GT is one of my favourite car in GT2, at least you don't need to get the gold A license to own it.

Attachments

• PSOGL2_003.jpg
    PSOGL2_003.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 226
Biased turkey
I found it in the normal car serie. Thanks SportWagon for the info. But I desagree with you about the best car to enter the normal ( untuned ) car serie. Imho the best untuned car is the Dodge Viper.

I said...

SportWagon
It's the second best AI car in the Normal Car Series after the NSX Type S Zero, and nearly always shows up in that series.

That is, it is the second-best car which ever shows up in the computer-driven field.

Here are some shots I made.
Sorry, I forgot I generally need to lighten them for average viewing...

IMG
(dead photobucket links) (or should be)
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SportWagon/TRD3000GTc.jpg

And here I raced it with the Nismo 400R :)
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SportWagon/TRD400R.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SportWagon/TRD3000GTa.jpg

And in my garage... :)
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/SportWagon/TRD3000GT.jpg

(I should eventually be able to replace the above with hotlinks to personal copies)

(Instead I am adding them as attachments)

Attachments

• TRD3000GTc.jpg
    TRD3000GTc.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 7
  • TRD400R.jpg
    TRD400R.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 7
  • TRD3000GTa.jpg
    TRD3000GTa.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
  • TRD3000GT.jpg
    TRD3000GT.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I used a Hauppauge USB screen capture device. WinTV USB. An old model. I used S-video output but the pictures don't look too sharp. Sometime I should try increasing size, although I think even with S-video you can't get beyond 320x240 true resolution from a PS2. So I guess maybe using an emulator gets better pictures. The black vertical bars are obviously something to do with why cars in GT1 look horizontally stretched on a normal TV.

There are only six AI cars which show up in the Normal Car field...

Acura NSX TypeSzero
TRD3000GT
Subaru Impreza'96WRX STi VerIII
Mazda efini RX-7 Aspec
Nissan R33 Skyline GT-R
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-11-25.html
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/albrnickgt/races/normal.html

That is, an AI field in the Normal Car series can be characterized by which AI car did not show up.

In any case, therefore, I was driving the Nismo 400R.

Since I hadn't done that series for a while, and mucked around a bit setting up the screen capture, and wanted to get both cars in some shots, I came only 2nd in that race, beating the TRD but losing to the NSX. Just as well I managed second, since with my lack of practice I came only 3rd at Deep Forest Racing Way, and so won the series by only one point.

SportWagon
In any case, therefore, I was driving the Nismo 400R.

Since I hadn't done that series for a while, and mucked around a bit setting up the screen capture, and wanted to get both cars in some shots, I came only 2nd in that race, beating the TRD but losing to the NSX. Just as well I managed second, since with my lack of practice I came only 3rd at Deep Forest Racing Way, and so won the series by only one point.
Close race series then. The 400R is a good car, I think I won that race series with it but I can't remember whether the NSX turned up and what races I won and lost, therefore where I came in the series.

liam2maps
Does anyone have any settings for the TRD 3000GT. It's very springy even when I play around with the settings.

The car is very springy, especially if you clip a kurb. I don't have any particular settings for this car, I just did what I did with the rest of my cars, lowered the ride height, stiffened the springs. I'll try and get some settings for tomorrow.

TMM
The car is very springy, especially if you clip a kurb. I don't have any particular settings for this car, I just did what I did with the rest of my cars, lowered the ride height, stiffened the springs. I'll try and get some settings for tomorrow.

Indeed. Thanks TMM :)

Back