B gold, TRD3000, any picture

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Biased turkey, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Biased turkey

Biased turkey

While waiting for GT4, I went back to GT1 and 2 trying to get the gold licenses ( I never bothered to try it before thinking I wouldn't have a chance ).
    I'm more interested with gold licenses in GT1 because the prizes cars cannot be obtained any other way.
    I got B gold , but A gold is a lot more challenging
    Could someone please be kind enough to post a picture of the A gold prize car ? ( the TRD 3000 )
    tia

2. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Usually I would suggest you search Google's Images but it actually found nothing for Gran Turismo. All it found was this real car. Which is cool too (:

3. Biased turkey

Biased turkey

Thanks a lot for the pics LoudMusic. I think I'll use one of them as my avatar :)
    Maybe my original post was not clear but what I really would like is a screenshot of GT1 with the TRD3000 and not pictures of the real model ( even if the pics look great ).

4. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I couldn't find any Gran Turismo pictures, only pictures of the real thing.

5. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Um. The TRD 3000GT.

It's the second best AI car in the Normal Car Series after the NSX Type S Zero, and nearly always shows up in that series.

So the easiest way to see what it looks like is to enter the Normal Car Series (basic A license only required).

6. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

7. stumpydino

stumpydino

i got some pics, but i put race mods on, which i think is the same as other supra
    [​IMG]

8. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

You should have cloned it before modding it. :(

You could get pictures of the AI one from the Normal Car Series.

9. Biased turkey

Biased turkey

I found it in the normal car serie. Thanks SportWagon for the info. But I desagree with you about the best car to enter the normal ( untuned ) car serie. Imho the best untuned car is the Dodge Viper.
    To Stumpydino:: You shouldn't have modded your TRD3000, because it looks exactly like a regular Supra RZ. It even lost its air intake on the hood.Another minor flaw in GT1 ( should we call that a bug ? ).
    The TRD3000GT is one of my favourite car in GT2, at least you don't need to get the gold A license to own it.

Attached Files:

10. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

I said...

That is, it is the second-best car which ever shows up in the computer-driven field.

11. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Here are some shots I made.
    Sorry, I forgot I generally need to lighten them for average viewing...
    [​IMG]

And here I raced it with the Nismo 400R :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And in my garage... :)
    [​IMG]

Racedriver117 likes this.
  12. TMM

TMM

Were you controlling the TRD or the Nismo? Which won the race?

13. Biased turkey

Biased turkey

Lucky you, I wish I had the TRD3000GT in my garage too.
    Nice ashots, thanks. Were they made with the Epsxe emulator ?

14. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

I used a Hauppauge USB screen capture device. WinTV USB. An old model. I used S-video output but the pictures don't look too sharp. Sometime I should try increasing size, although I think even with S-video you can't get beyond 320x240 true resolution from a PS2. So I guess maybe using an emulator gets better pictures. The black vertical bars are obviously something to do with why cars in GT1 look horizontally stretched on a normal TV.

There are only six AI cars which show up in the Normal Car field...

Acura NSX TypeSzero
    TRD3000GT
    Subaru Impreza'96WRX STi VerIII
    Mazda efini RX-7 Aspec
    Nissan R33 Skyline GT-R
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-11-25.html
    http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/albrnickgt/races/normal.html

That is, an AI field in the Normal Car series can be characterized by which AI car did not show up.

In any case, therefore, I was driving the Nismo 400R.

Since I hadn't done that series for a while, and mucked around a bit setting up the screen capture, and wanted to get both cars in some shots, I came only 2nd in that race, beating the TRD but losing to the NSX. Just as well I managed second, since with my lack of practice I came only 3rd at Deep Forest Racing Way, and so won the series by only one point.

15. TMM

TMM

Close race series then. The 400R is a good car, I think I won that race series with it but I can't remember whether the NSX turned up and what races I won and lost, therefore where I came in the series.

16. liam2maps

liam2maps

Does anyone have any settings for the TRD 3000GT. It's very springy even when I play around with the settings.

17. TMM

TMM

The car is very springy, especially if you clip a kurb. I don't have any particular settings for this car, I just did what I did with the rest of my cars, lowered the ride height, stiffened the springs. I'll try and get some settings for tomorrow.

18. liam2maps

liam2maps

Indeed. Thanks TMM :)

19. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

The TRD Handles a lot better when you ad the suspension from a LM car, Nice and Stiff!

8009ba34 0158

20. TMM

TMM

Sorry, I've not got the settings yet but I will sometime.