[B-Spec] 2016 World Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter Earth
  • 535 comments
GTP_Royalton

m229VPI.png

>>>==== Signup Form ====<<<

>>>==== Live Stream Link ====<<<

Q&A

Q: What is the minimum I have to do in order for my cars to compete in all 10 races?

Answer:
1. Complete an approved livery for all 3 team cars
2. Complete at least one setup form and send it in

=============

Q: How can I watch the races?

Answer:
Each race will be live streamed on twitch.tv, at www.twitch.tv/alphicah. The countdown to the start of each race will be posted in this thread. Afterwards the entire live race stream will be automatically uploaded at the twitch.tv/Alphicah channel for 14 days to those who might have missed it.

=============

Q: Can I change my setup after qualifying for the race?

Answer:
Yes.

=============

Q: Normally only the two primary team cars are allowed to race. What is the purpose of the 3rd car?

Answer:
The third car serves 2 purposes. First, it acts as a backup car in case one of the primary cars gets wrecked and must be scrapped and replaced. Second, it can also act as a possible 3rd car to earn the team more credits and increase their chances of winning.

Teams may only race with all 3 team cars if there is enough space on the grid and they are high enough in team points.

There are 25 teams, each with 2 cars which makes 50 possible grid spots. Now if 2 teams do not show up for a race that leaves open 4 grid spots. This means the top 2 teams in points from both the Prototype and GT class may run a 3rd car to fill in the 4 available grid spots. This process continues until either the grid is full or every team runs a 3rd car.

Note that a 3rd car must be built for 100,000cr if a team wants a backup car or thinks they will be high enough in points to race it. Each team only starts with 2 primary cars.

=============

Q: Will I be able to purchase upgrades for my cars?

Answer:
Yes. The upgrades available for purchase are as follows:

Reliability Upgrades

+ 500,000cr - 30 Hour Endurance Test: Permanently improves reliability 10% (Limit 3)

====================================

Car Performance Upgrades

+ 400,000cr - R&D Lighter Components: -5 KGs car weight. Makes the car about 1 tenth a lap faster. (unlimited)

Pit Crew Upgrades

+ 350,000cr - Pit Crew Pit Stop Speed Training: 1.5 Second Faster Pitstops (unlimited)
+ 250,000cr - Pit Crew Damage Repair Speed Training: 40 seconds Faster Damage Repair. Normally it takes the pit crew 90 seconds on top of the normal pit stop to repair damage. Buying this upgrade once would reduce that time to 50 seconds, twice would reduce damage repair time to 10 seconds. (limit 2)

Race Shop Upgrades

+ 100,000cr - Build a new Car: (takes 10 days to build - each team may purchase as many "spare" cars as they desire) Note that in order to run a 3rd car your team must be high enough in points or the field must be small enough to accommodate it.
+ 40,000cr - Private Team Practice Test: (At any track besides Le Mans) (limit 4)

Rules - Please take a few minutes and read the rules

A1 - Before signing up or competing, the team owner must read the rules in their entirty.

A2 - Each team is expected to check in and confirm its entry before each race when asked to do so. If you do not confirm your team's entry before qualifying your cars will not start the race and their spots will be taken by others or left empty. No exceptions.

A3 - If a team misses a race, the extra grid spots will be given to other teams. The two teams with the highest points total from the Prototype and GT class will be allowed to run their 3rd car. If a total of two teams miss a race, then the 2nd highest team in points from the Prototype and GT class gets to run a 3rd car as well and so on until the field is full or every team is running all their available cars.

A4 - When signing up notice that the first 2 numbers of the 3 you choose are considered your primary cars, with the 3rd number considered your reserve, or 3rd car. The two primary cars are elgible for the team and individual car championship, while the 3rd car is only eligible to win prize credits, not points.

B1 - No tobacco sponsorships are allowed. No offensive sponsorship, wording, or images are allowed. Intentionally unprofessional liveries are not allowed.

B2 - Team cars must use nearly identical liveries as seen in most LeMans racing teams. For example, different colored stripes, different colored wings or other small but noticeable from a distance changes between the liveries of team cars is OK. Completely different liveries for each car is not allowed. Teams must have a total of 3 liveries, one for each car number. 2 Primary cars and a reserve car in case it has a chance to enter a race. If a team so wishes, identical cars with the only difference being the number plates is OK.

B3 - Each car must have a total of 3 number plates on it. These number plates will be provided to you after you have made your number selections in the signup form. There should be one on the left side, one on the right side, and one on the hood. These plates may only be placed in one of the recommended locations. They may not be resized, recolored or altered in any way.

C1 - Safety cars are turned off. Because the team owners cannot interact in real time with their cars and adjust their strategy to account for a safety car, this option will be left off.

C2 - Tire wear is turned off. Some cars are up to a second faster then others (due to differences in torque and drive train positions) at the end of a tire stint. Trying to balance this would be impossible. However tires are still changed in the pits.

C3 - Fuel usage is turned on. A full service pit stop takes about 47 seconds, and the total time lost on pitroad for a normal pitstop is about 70 seconds. Note that every time a car enters the pits it must change tires which results in a full 47 second pit stop every time even if the car had just pitted.

C4 - Damage is turned on. Front and rear wings can be broken off and replaced. It takes 90 seconds to repair a broken wing. Broken off wheels (caused by a significant impact) cannot be replaced and result in a DNF.

C5 - Mechanical failures are turned on. These are based purely on odds that I control. Damage and type of car setup does not affect the failure rate. These failures will appear as "Engine" "Brakes" "Suspension" or "Gearbox" but they are still controlled by me. The type of failure is random, but the chance of the failure itself happening is controlled by me.

C6 - 6 Hour races require 6 pit stops. 12 Hour races about 15, and 24 Hour races about 35.

C7 - After 1 hour, a race is considered official and will not be restarted if there is a malfunction with the computer equipment. Every hour the current standings will be recorded and the results will be based on the most recent recorded standings if there is a hardware failure.

C8 - A car must cross the finished line running under its own powered to be scored. If a car has a lap or more lead but fails to cross the finish line after breaking down or crashing on the last lap, it is scored behind all cars still running.

D1 - Team owners are not allowed to share any setup data.

D2 - All team cars share the same setup.

D3 - The deadline for submitting a setup for each session will be posted in the race thread.

D4 - If a setup produces a car that is extremely unstable, I might give basic tips to the team owner on how to fix it. If the car continues to be extremely unstable and a serious hazard to other cars, it might not be allowed to start. Note that this rarely happens. I try and reduce the setup range options to prevent cars from becoming too unstable no matter the chosen settings.

D5 - I can provide a slow but stable setup for any team owner who is struggling with their car. This setup is kept secret, because if you know what slow is, you'll have a better idea of what fast is.

E1 - Each class will practice and qualify separately.

E2 - Each race has a traditional format of practice, qualifying, then the race.

E3 - Advanced timing data will be provided in the form of a .xml file. In it you will be able to see every car's lap and split times.

G1 - There is an individual car and team owner championship. If a team enters a race with 3 cars, only the 2 "primary" cars will receive points.

G2 - The points payout for finishing positions is as follows. Note that the car must finish a race to score points.

1. 30
  2. 20
  3. 16
  4. 13
  5. 10
  6. 7
  7. 5
  8. 3
  9. 2
  10. 1
Credit payout is as as follows:
1st: 240,000cr
2nd: 230,000cr
3rd: 220,000cr
and so on by increments of 10,000cr
24th-26th 10,000cr

>>>>>==== Available Cars ====<<<<<

Prototype - Audi R18
XrgkWxh.jpg

Prototype - Lola Aston Martin DBR1-2
dwJNFGh.jpg

Prototype - Peugeot 908
I6txvs2.jpg

Prototype - Porsche 919
MMSMkq0.jpg

Prototype - Toyota TS040
LpSAGSq.jpg

GT - Aston Martin Vantage

ViA35im.jpg

GT - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R

BytP4LG.jpg

GT - Dodge (SRT) Viper GTS-R
m4ZTwa2.jpg

GT - Ferrari 458 GTC
danoCbp.jpg

GT - McLaren MP4-12C
gOXzxoI.jpg

GT - Porsche 997
C6A4LYZ.jpg

Tags

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@Crashbroke23
@DCybertron
@Frizbe
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@JohneyPixel
@MadFlavour
@Mike458
@nascarfan1400
@optiongamers
@Peasantslayer
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@raven214
@swiftsmith
@watertank[/USER

Last edited:
Sorry for double post, but are itashas allowed on a GT car, or is it too unprofessional?

Hmm, decisions decisions..

(jk I'm going with the GT Aston again, the livery will be awesome)

With the recent news of teams joining the WSC Swift Autosport has decided to field their own 3 car team. They'd also like to announce that they'll be continuing their partnership with Chevy for the 2016 season.

Signed up.
But I'll have to start making my livery once I finish my finals at uni. That's around December, hopefully I'll be able to get it all done quickly.

I...am....In. Form filled out.

Also, who wants some liveries? :sly:

Last edited:
@Earth I just woke up to find this. Filling it out now. The professional layout and explanations of everything in the OP is wonderful.

@Frizbe you are now on my list. At least I can still get my backup number.

Well the livery rules certainly rule out a return for my warring Marvel team mates! It was always intended to be a one event special, and I have plans for the new season!

Well the livery rules certainly rule out a return for my warring Marvel team mates! It was always intended to be a one event special, and I have plans for the new season!

You could do what I plan to do.

Put them in a mixer and simply go with what it spits out.

So it looks like we are just missing a Viper and a 911 team to have all the cars in, nice!

It looks like I forgot to mention an important issue about the cars

If a car crashes hard enough to be considered a retirement (a wheel breaks off), it is considered totaled. It is then scraped, gone forever. This is when you might need a backup car to replace it. If you only have 2 cars and one crashes hard enough to be considered totaled, then you only have one car left to race with. If that car is crashed and totaled too, then your team will miss any race on the schedule until you have time to build another car.

These crashes can happen in any session - from a private test to qualifying to the race.

It looks like I forgot to mention an important issue about the cars

If a car crashes hard enough to be considered a retirement (a wheel breaks off), it is considered totaled. It is then scraped, gone forever. This is when you might need a backup car to replace it. If you only have 2 cars and one crashes hard enough to be considered totaled, then you only have one car left to race with. If that car is crashed and totaled too, then your team will miss any race on the schedule until you have time to build another car.

These crashes can happen in any session - from a private test to qualifying to the race.
Note to self, Jeremy Clarkson is barred from any car this season....

I'm all for this, even if it will bite my hand.

I'm all for this, right until the point my cars get totalled in a practice session!

Given there could be a scenario where someone has no cars left to race, and no budget left to build a new one, will debts be allowed for car purchases only and in that scenario only?

I'm all for this, right until the point my cars get totalled in a practice session!

Given there could be a scenario where someone has no cars left to race, and no budget left to build a new one, will debts be allowed for car purchases only and in that scenario only?

Yes

Latest Posts

Back