[B-Spec] 2016 World Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter Earth
  • 535 comments
@Earth your tables are missing a couple of positions! 6th and 10th in prototypes, and 7th, 12th and 16th in GT.

Only the 2 primary cars (the cars with the first 2 numbers of the 3) can score points towards the championship, didnt want to confuse anybody by mixing in the 3rd cars. They're just insurance policy cars to help win races or earn more credits

I STILL have no idea how much money each team gets to start with. Anyone have ANY idea?

Isnt RedDragon taking care of all the team decisions? He has all the credits in a conversation.

Only the 2 primary cars (the cars with the first 2 numbers of the 3) can score points towards the championship, didnt want to confuse anybody by mixing in the 3rd cars. They're just insurance policy cars to help win races or earn more credits.

I didn't know this, typical it had to be my third car that made it to the finish! Bought the car in the belief it was the better way of "improving" reliability...

So I couldn't watch the race unfortunately because I was on holiday but thanks Earth for doing a livestream and setting up the race.

From the standings for the race results I was not expecting a 1st and 2nd finish. Great start to the season so hopefully I can keep it going through out the season. I will definitely be around for the 6 hours of Fuji and I apologise that I was not around for the stream and can't make a detailed race report at the moment which I will add later.

I didn't know this, typical it had to be my third car that made it to the finish! Bought the car in the belief it was the better way of "improving" reliability...
Nope. My 87 was 10th in class, but being car #3 it effectively nullifies the single point.

Dammit.

Also @Earth, I take it all the breakdowns forced some of the changes?

Also @Earth, I take it all the breakdowns forced some of the changes?

63% of the cars finished the race, which is a little low but still right about where I expected it to be. If you drop a coin 10 times your not always going to get heads 5 times and tails 5 times. Im OK with such a high retirement rate for the first race, I think its realistic, first race out and its 24 hours.

I realized that a 3rd can can be a serious advantage. If I could do it all over again I'd make a 3rd car cost 500,000cr from the start. Most sportscar teams dont have a 3rd car. Many have just one. So a 3rd car should be a rare thing. Team wipeouts are unfortunate, but they also make the racing much more unpredictable. Its rare to see a 3 car team get wiped out. The TRB Motorsports situation was very unique and unfortunate

The changes to the schedule were based around Sebring. Its one of the 3 Triple Crown races, so I wanted to open a weekend before and after it to make it feel more unique and special.

As for the 50 car race limit, if we have more then 50 entries then qualifying will turn into knockout qualifying. The slowest 3rd cars from each class dont make the race

Also Im going to increase the quality of the stream for Fuji just a bit. I had it turned down so low for Daytona to reduce the stress on the computer as it is a very long race.

I've also noticed the last 1 hour and 40 minutes of the race seems to be just a black screen. At that time live timing froze but the race continued just fine with the game's hardcoded timing still working. I'll have to look into what caused that.

I also noticed I could barely hear myself over the sounds of the cars. I have a soft voice, but I wasnt whispering. Wish there was an option to lower the volume of the race when the microphone button is pressed. I dont want to lower the volume of the cars just so people can hear me talk

I would say that you should test out different volume levels so that we can hear the cars okay, but we can also make out what you're trying to say pretty well.

Out of curiousity, how many cars total were in the race? I tried counting using the entry list but with missing paint schemes, its hard to tell how many have three cars and how many had two or even just one car (which I believe was HRSC).

Out of curiousity, how many cars total were in the race? I tried counting using the entry list but with missing paint schemes, its hard to tell how many have three cars and how many had two or even just one car (which I believe was HRSC).
I'm counting 47 or thereabout en total.

Fuji 6 Hours Poster

NvVOVsg.jpg

Home race for the whole #76 squad. We're making extra sure these guys bring home the gold this time around.

Seems that the Junior team did better than the Veterans. Something might not be right with the setup.

Kyle Busch, #43 Driver: "It's an improvement from our practice results. The last set of turns was very awkward when I first went around the track; they're not very enjoyable compared to the rest of the track. It's just in that last set of turns I couldn't find any speed. I found a little bit in qualifying, but not as much as I wanted to"

Suzuka Tsuchigami, #44 Driver: "Right when I got into the car and started driving, I knew it wasn't anything special. The car suffered from some understeer, more than I would have liked it to have. Hopefully, whoever deals with the setups quits dozing off and gets something right for the race... it must have been that 30 hour test that took the wind out of him."

Noriko Minoru, #26: Well, that didn't go as expected. Despite making a bunch of changes to the car, we only picked up a hundredth of a second. At least we beat the team car, and I got into the top 10 for my home crowd, but if we can't find some speed it's going to be a tough race.

Nick Tandy, #25: A poor session for us as a team, we tried everything and just couldn't find the sweetspot for the setup. From this point our goal has to be to beat the Starion cars, and be there to pick up the pieces if a Jaghee or Pezzarinho car has trouble.

Porsche Sport Pezzarinho continue practice form, but wary of the Audi threat

The Porsche 919 was once again the car to beat in qualifying for the Fuji 6 hours, locking out the front row of the grid. Daytona was a testing race for the team, who stayed very quiet on what programs or strategies they may be trying. With only 1 of their 3 entries making it to the finish, Porsche Sport Pezzarinho will be hoping for improved reliability in Japan.

A surprise to the team has been the pace of their "ex Formula racers" team, who despite having the least experienced World Sportscar driver lineup of the 3 entries continues to impress to start the Fuji 6 hours from pole position. The #17 were second by a little over 2 hundreths of a second, but the lineup expected to challenge for the championship will start from 4th. The #16 Porsche was nearly 2 tenths away from the pace of their stable mates, and they will need to balance the odds in the race if they don't want to prove their championship credentials.

Porsche Sport Pezzarinho were quick also to point out their advantage over all the other Audi R18 and Aston Martin DBR1-2 entries was less than a second, but felt their slight straight line advantage may work to their favour.

"It will likely come down to the strategies of the teams, such a long race means you can easily gain or lose an entire pitstop to your rivals, but it will be difficult to reclaim the pit loss time on the circuit. We look forward to the challenge."

A little off pace, but that is quite a few cars very close together

OK, we might be a little slower than others. Now if only we can not break down..

#FrizbeOP

Back