B-spec AI at 24 Lemans doesn't know its raining

  • Thread starter Thread starter Terraplane
  • 12 comments
  • 1,647 views
Messages
21
Ok so I have the bob’s doing the B-spec 24 hour lemans (level 38) and they have been at it for about 22 hours when I decide to check in on them.

So what do I find ? Well its raining, bob is on hard race tires and is spinning out everywhere totally out of control, so I immediately have him pit and change to rain tires. Back out on the track he’s fine and under control but here’s where it gets weird..

First thing I notice is the pit crew has called bob back in after the first couple of turns, and that all of the other cars are crashing into the sand traps at every turn and spinning out constantly.

Ok so I let bob pit only to find the pit crew want to put hard race tires back on..no no no…
So I decide to try intermediate’s.. well now bobs driving like a drifter and at some turns doing little half spins and the pit crew want him back in for hard race tires but I put the rain’s back on.

Bobs back normal but all of the other cars are still spinning out and crashing. Its actually funny to see.

But every lap the pit crew calls bob back in and I have to cancel that every lap, this goes on for about 45 minutes when finally the pit crew stop trying to get bob to pit.. And now all of the other cars start to get their act together and stay on the track.

I’ve seen the AI do some strange things in this game but this takes the cake.

So has anyone else seen anything like this too?
 
Yeah man, the exact same **** was happening with my Boab, but it was the endurance race at Suzuka. It was raining when the race started so I put rain tyres on.........went & had a fag & when I came back Boab had Hard tyres on.
A couple of swift slaps at the pit team later & all was OK..........what actually happened was that , like you I had to keep cancelling the calls for Boab to pit. Everything sorted itself out when the rain stopped btw. Feckin strange antics from the AI tho :dunce:
 
I noticed that at Suzuka too. My Bob started on wet, but the AI did the WHOLE race on slicks, muhahahahaha
 
My Bob knows its raining, im running the same 24hr race with just one Bob and its been raining for 14 and a half hours and so far everyone has been using Racing Rain tyres.

I did notice the 1st time i did this race that the AI pitted every lap from about 18hr onwards, i used the X1 for that, im using the Audi R8 Race Car 01' for this and im 2 laps up on 2nd place, who is driving the same car as me!
 
Might be because each driver has a different preference, eg. one might like softs in the rain, while another might like full wets, and when you pit your driver also changes. So if you wanted to give you current bob full wets and pitted in for them, the driver who then gets in might want softs, so will pit in again and so on.
 
Hey.. Broonba

Did the other cars spin out too?

Aye man, they were off track at just about every corner.......this went on for ages till rain stopped :crazy:
 
Well, who knew that Pit Crew has a mind of its own :lol:
 
Might be because each driver has a different preference, eg. one might like softs in the rain, while another might like full wets, and when you pit your driver also changes. So if you wanted to give you current bob full wets and pitted in for them, the driver who then gets in might want softs, so will pit in again and so on.

Nah mate, no offence, but I don't think it's that either.
It's like the game doesn't recognise the fact that the rain's on, even though the cars are clearly being affected by the rain.
This has happened to me on quite a few occasions while doing endurance races in the rain..........it definitely needs to be fixed 👍
 
This is definably a case of the AI doesn’t know its raining. All of the cars are crashing at every turn..

Bob and all of the competitors.

I have the bob’s doing the 24 hour Lemans again and I’m going to check in more often this time because I’m sure it will rain and I want to see if this problem happens again..

I will let you know what I find.
 
Exact same thing happening to me. They want to force me onto racing hard tires. I've been on rain tires for 17hrs like everyone else and all was going well. All of a sudden everybody had racing hard tires on and like previously described a full blown comedy took place--- cars spinning and crashing at every corner... ALL the cars. I too have to cancel the call to the pits every lap because they still want to put on hard racing tires and it's still raining. It's 10 pm with almost 7 hours left in the race and no let up of rain in sight. I have to work in the morning. and I can't stay up all night cancelling pit stops every lap. Someone must know a fix for this problem... if only they would help us.:crazy:
 
Back