B-Spec AI Driver Mood System

• Thread starter JBF77
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
London
I'm sure many if you have been disappointed that there has been no 'driver mood' system in GT6, like there was in GT5. However, in many GT6 B Spec races, there have been many cases where the AI would slow down considerably if they are not near any other cars. Many clearly faster cars in clear air are being caught by slower cars in a battle (shown by sector times). This means that the slower cars are catching up to faster cars (much like in the GT5 AI mood system). This makes me think that the mood system still exists, but it is just hidden.

I was wondering if any if you guys had experienced this too!
:lol:

I kinda noticed this to when i was doing the ssrx at like the wind
If someone was relatively closse my car, the audi auto-union btw, was doing a consistent 462 kmh but if the ai dropped back it would slow down to about 430~440 until it cought up. And then it acelerated again! Like if it was mocking the competition

I kinda noticed this to when i was doing the ssrx at like the wind
If someone was relatively closse my car, the audi auto-union btw, was doing a consistent 462 kmh but if the ai dropped back it would slow down to about 430~440 until it cought up. And then it acelerated again! Like if it was mocking the competition

Sounds like the effects of slip stream. Cars are faster when they are near other cars.

on SSRX my car will hold at 304mph when far ahead of the other cars but when just in front of them will run 306 or more and when coming up behind can be a lot faster though he often hits them and has to regain the speed in those cases

Well, could it be hitting the rev limiter? Sometimes that can drop the speed a good bit on some cars. I have not saw Bob slow down at all once it is out front on straight road. He does of course slow for the corners. ;)

Well, could it be hitting the rev limiter? Sometimes that can drop the speed a good bit on some cars. I have not saw Bob slow down at all once it is out front on straight road. He does of course slow for the corners. ;)

Well i will check it ou tomorrow because i have a midterm tomorrow and need some sleep
Thanks for the sujestion mate

VBR
Sounds to me more like the rubber band effect works in B-Spec mode too.

^ This. The AI is still the same as in A-spec. The only thing that's different is that you're controlling an AI that's controlling your car.

Frankly, without the rubberbanding, B-spec would be an awful lot harder than A-spec, since the events are created with rubberbanding in mind.

VBR
Sounds to me more like the rubber band effect works in B-Spec mode too.

Well as I said my car reaches 304mph [489 kph] in that race in B-Spec and it stays there down the backstrech until he has to slow for the corner. Not once have I ever saw Bob slow down there when he doesn't need to.

Well as I said my car reaches 304mph [489 kph] in that race in B-Spec and it stays there down the backstrech until he has to slow for the corner. Not once have I ever saw Bob slow down there when he doesn't need to.
Yes, it does not seem to affect your B-Spec driver, only the other AI ??!!
I guess this is to stop people complaining!

It was my car that was topping the rev limiter, i feel stupid that i didn't noticed that.
But there was a certain rubberbanding

What is rubberbanding ?

Thanks !

Yves
When the AI gets far behind of the pack, and then somehow manages to pull themselves all the way back up.

Evident in Mario Kart.

Unless they're referring to having a button held down by restraining it down with a rubber band or tape...

What is rubberbanding ?

Thanks !

Yves

When the AI gets far behind of the pack, and then somehow manages to pull themselves all the way back up.

Evident in Mario Kart.

Unless they're referring to having a button held down by restraining it down with a rubber band or tape...

Rubber banding is the effects of the AI slowing down until the player catches them or gets with in a certain distance. Same thing happens when the player passes the AI after you past the influence window they slow down.
The GT6 AI seems to have battle programming so if they are near another AI the jockey for position.

Note this is NOT the same as online BOOST that actually speeds up the cars in the back of pack to catch the leader. I've never driven a race with boost so I can't give any details other than it makes the guys in the back faster.

I'm sure many if you have been disappointed that there has been no 'driver mood' system in GT6, like there was in GT5. However, in many GT6 B Spec races, there have been many cases where the AI would slow down considerably if they are not near any other cars. Many clearly faster cars in clear air are being caught by slower cars in a battle (shown by sector times). This means that the slower cars are catching up to faster cars (much like in the GT5 AI mood system). This makes me think that the mood system still exists, but it is just hidden.

I was wondering if any if you guys had experienced this too!
:lol:
I've been trying to tell people this is in the game since release, but people don't like to listen. :lol:

It's also in effect for A-Spec races, and is a big part of the rubber-banding process.

Back