B spec american championship, Why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AndrewGT5
  • 8 comments
  • 905 views
Messages
29
Messages
YoYoBall
I'm using the corvette ZR1 RM and it keeps coming in 3rd or 2nd place. I have done this race over 5 times and it's getting tiring waiting constantly and babysitting my car to make sure it makes it past 5th or 4th place. The money is great obviously but I want to win this already. And Bob constantly breaks too early on the turns at the indy and if I'm in first on the very last turn of the 20th lap and he breaks it pisses me off.

Tuning:
Fully modified
Front downforce - 35
Rear downforce - 30

What should I do? And please do not suggest Ford LM Race Car Spec II because I'm only level 22 a spec and I don't want to level up to 24 to get it at the moment, I'm trying to finish b spec first. I hear the corvette should easily beat it... Any good advice?
 
Last edited:
I won this race by 0.033 seconds but you have to babysit.
 
i think i won it with cadillac cien, and i was babysitting on it :D
 
Make sure your vette has the full 905 hp, do engine/chassis rebuild and oil change. Max the f/r downforce and set top speed to 280. Use an aggresive bob and babysit him. The GT LM Race Car will give you trouble. Have to be careful. Good luck 👍
 
I haven't reached that far in B-spec but I'm sure the 2J will do fine.
 
Used the 2J Chappa with my own custom tune... Won by 3/4 lap on both maps...
 
I read a thread here suggesting that you use a fresh Bob with a fully hot attitude, put him in a fully tuned ZR1 RM and instruct him through the race, and it worked for me. The idea is that the ZR1 RM has so much downforce it's almost impossible to lose control of (so his level doesn't really matter) and his 'temper' means he brakes very late. Oh and try reducing the brake bias to 1/1, not sure if it's a placebo but it worked for me with the NASCAR races.
 
And Bob constantly breaks too early on the turns at the indy and if I'm in first on the very last turn of the 20th lap and he breaks it pisses me off.

I think I set the breaks to 0/1 or even 0/0 so that even though he braked at the wrong time it didn't hurt anything.
 
Back