B spec Bob and fried tires

Messages
7
I'm having some a problem with my AI B-spec drivers. They are at levels 22 and 19 and have a tremendous problem with turning the rear tires red but only on certain cars. One is the 900 hp Zonda and the other is the 700 hp Lexus concept car (using in the German Touring races at level 22). Other cars I don't seem to have issues with. Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you fix it if you did. Thanks
 
i turn the accel LSD settings down for B-bob works ok if the car isn't way overpowered
 
I had that issue with my Zonda, also turned the lsd down to reel him in, there were other ai guys in the game doing the same thing.
 
You might notice also that bBob decided to use comfort hard tires instead of racing softs... Happened to me- I still cant get the tires to change back except going to a race and using the pit crew.
Nice bug-
 
You might notice also that bBob decided to use comfort hard tires instead of racing softs... Happened to me- I still cant get the tires to change back except going to a race and using the pit crew.
Nice bug-

You should be able to choose your tyres on the pre race screen , just go into driving options.
 
Thanks for the comments. Not sure the LSD setting helped much. Still ended up having to pit about half way through the Nurburgring 13 lap German Touring Car event. The large Cape Ring 6 lap event is still a disaster though. I wonder if putting more downforce in the rear for these cars may help.
 
You should be able to choose your tyres on the pre race screen , just go into driving options.
Yea, like he says, it's only in the pre-race driving screen after the track loads..
 
Thanks for the comments. Not sure the LSD setting helped much. Still ended up having to pit about half way through the Nurburgring 13 lap German Touring Car event. The large Cape Ring 6 lap event is still a disaster though. I wonder if putting more downforce in the rear for these cars may help.

I would say soften up the rear springs, increase dampers for expansion on the rear and compression on the front, raise the ride height on the front and lower in on the rear, soften the rear anti-sway bar, and give the rear negative camber and maybe a slight toe-in. I would do these tweaks one at a time in between practice laps at a technical track like tsukuba. After performing each modification, do a lap to feel the effects.

Keep in mind that Bob doesn't use any driving aids, so when doing those practice test laps, you should turn them off too.

These settings, if done gradually, should allow more traction on the rear tires by forcing the rear to settle more, and preventing the body from pitching forward as much during braking. If you do too much of this however (like all of it at once), then you will severely increase understeer while under acceleration!
 
I found that moving the brake bias to the front (have tried 7/3 and 9/1) seems to work quite well with RWD cars
 
Thanks for the comments. Not sure the LSD setting helped much. Still ended up having to pit about half way through the Nurburgring 13 lap German Touring Car event. The large Cape Ring 6 lap event is still a disaster though. I wonder if putting more downforce in the rear for these cars may help.

To some extent, Bob is going to be an oversteering fool his whole career. If LSD and suspension settings aren't working, maybe even try dialing the power back somewhat if you have some horsepower in hand over the competition.
 
Back