• 26 comments

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
You guys probably know that there are many chimps playing online who only join lobbies to ruin the race for everybody. In times like these, it's handy to be able to bring out B-spec Bob. What do you guys think about B-spec Bob in Project CARS?

@the_D_ you seriously don't know?

@OooAhh Cantona there isn't any B-spec just the option to switch drivers during a race. Let's say you race a 24h race isn't it nice to have Bob racing some of it when you're too tired to keep driving instead of pausing it?

@ukfan758 No, I didn't say it was.

@Tier 2 Racing Yes indeed :)

@paoloevans Yeah, that's correct.

Since you guys obviously haven't heard of this feature I'll explain how it works. You drive a few laps and boom - a heavy thunderstorm came out of the blue and you suck at driving on wet asphalt / nightfall is approaching fast on a track with bad lighting and you're driving a car without lights. You'll want Bob to take over instead of forfeiting the race. Just make it to the pit and select "Swap Driver". Bob will now race for you until you call him in to the pit (Request Pitstop has to be keymapped)

Any race, any length. Bob will drive for you.

I was under the impression AI drivers would fill out the field for an online race. Or at least that would be an option added later.

Also, you can swap drivers in Practice.

As for true GT style B Spec, I don't think that's all that great for this game. But having AI drivers can be a very valuable asset: Endurance races, pracitice/testing, Online, etc.

I was under the impression AI drivers would fill out the field for an online race. Or at least that would be an option added later.

Also, you can swap drivers in Practice.

As for true GT style B Spec, I don't think that's all that great for this game. But having AI drivers can be a very valuable asset: Endurance races, pracitice/testing, Online, etc.
You can use AI online already.
You can swap to AI in race, just make sure you use the "request pit" button. The using the same button to swap back by calling AI back into pits

you can swap Bob in during an online race, TREE'D!

does anyone know if the AI strength setting in the online lobby has anything to do with his performance?

you can swap Bob in during an online race, TREE'D!

does anyone know if the AI strength setting in the online lobby has anything to do with his performance?
I'd have to say yes, but I can't be 100% sure, but seems to make sense because it would be just like having additional AI drivers in race and those are affected by the slider

I'd have to say yes, but I can't be 100% sure, but seems to make sense because it would be just like having additional AI drivers in race and those are affected by the slider

I'm hoping to test it over the next couple of days, should hopefully have some conclusive results,

Let's not descend into an argument. I don't like B-Spec or B-Spec Bob in GT, and I provided my answer to OP's question. Not sure what is obnoxious. I don't regret any of my GT1-6 purchases. But GT6 became stale (and PD wasn't being innovative IMO), which led me to Pcars forum here, which led to my purchase of Pcars.

What about it is obnoxious?
The unnecessary attitude about things associated with the Gran Turismo series, as an excuse to gripe about those games, and refusing to accept features or concepts just because they happen to have appeared in a GT game before. Even to the point of absent-mindedly rejecting a feature that's already present in Project CARS, just because syntex123 chose to call it by the nickname for Polyphony Digital's AI codriver feature.

And the irony of @OooAhh Cantona defiantly mocking another (harmless) feature that is also present in this game... ;)

People don't like Gran Turismo. I get it. I haven't bought a GT game in ten years. What I don't understand is why that sore sentiment is the prevailing argument against [insert something you don't like] in the context of this different game. Sorry, but I'm sick of it. PCARS isn't Gran Turismo's antithesis. It's just another racing game.

Very cool feature for long races. I just wished we could take back control with a push of a button.

When you have to go 5 minutes for an "emergency" better loose the pit time than loose 5 min on your 50 min race.

Irony/ignorance. Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe. ;) I wasn't aware that SMS put the solar system in the game, and I acknowledged it with a *like*. SMS distracted me with other features.

Back to the subject. For endurance races, I like a save feature. Pcars does provide a platform to do what you like. Is there a need to do endurance race to "finish" the game? I'm not sure; I have not gotten there. If you can adjust the length of an endurance race and you like endurance racing, I would think you want to do it yourself. As for the chimps online, I'm not sure how B-Spec Bob can address that.

The unnecessary attitude about things associated with the Gran Turismo series, as an excuse to gripe about those games, and refusing to accept features or concepts just because they happen to have appeared in a GT game before. Even to the point of absent-mindedly rejecting a feature that's already present in Project CARS, just because syntex123 chose to call it by the nickname for Polyphony Digital's AI codriver feature.

And the irony of @OooAhh Cantona defiantly mocking another (harmless) feature that is also present in this game... ;)

People don't like Gran Turismo. I get it. I haven't bought a GT game in ten years. What I don't understand is why that sore sentiment is the prevailing argument against [insert something you don't like] in the context of this different game. Sorry, but I'm sick of it. PCARS isn't Gran Turismo's antithesis. It's just another racing game.
I'm sorry for being an ignorant f:censored: then.

Irony/ignorance. Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe. ;) I wasn't aware that SMS put the solar system in the game, and I acknowledged it with a *like*. SMS distracted me with other features.

Back to the subject. For endurance races, I like a save feature. Pcars does provide a platform to do what you like. Is there a need to do endurance race to "finish" the game? I'm not sure; I have not gotten there. If you can adjust the length of an endurance race and you like endurance racing, I would think you want to do it yourself. As for the chimps online, I'm not sure how B-Spec Bob can address that.

I am one that loves endurances racing. I prefer the driver swap than saving it, purely because it's more realistic this way.

@OooAhh Cantona Bob knows his way around the noobs. I've used him as a driver numerous races online now and he always reclaims my position before a noob spun me out. However he can be spun out too, but anyway I think he's doing a good job haha.

And for those of you who don't like B-spec in GT - Bob in pCars is just like you, you can't control him, give him commands to change pace, overtake etc. He's just doing his thing.

Back