B-spec driver is hoggin all the suck

  • Thread starter Thread starter fooddude
  • 8 comments
  • 944 views
Messages
4
I'm not sure if my B-spec is exceptionally bad or what. First of all for some reason he will just stay 2 feet behing the opponent when he could easily pass.(and yes the pass thingy is highlighted) Also the oddtime there will be a corner on a course where he crashes every time and then backs up and waists 15 seconds.(this happens no matter which pace is selected)

I'm just wondering if they are suppost to suck so people are discouraged to use B-spec.

Some Insight would be nice.
 
...why does my B-Spec driver never crash?

Why does it win every race I throw at it (almost)?

The first thing I'd ask you is your B-Spec's skill level. It usually becomes unstoppable when it gets to 5,000 points or higher, and when you get to 7,000 points, it's not even fair anymore.

If it's low, that might explain it.
 
I have a pretty good B-spec driver. I can't win one Opel race but that is it.

8773 B spec skill
Machine 98
Course 87
Battle 87

You can try a different car(less HP), use more downforce(lower the car or get a wing), use tires that have better grip, use a slower pace setting. Your B spec driver will not be as aggressive as you would drive. He/she is into clean passing and will not risk his job plowing into another driver.

Here is a recipe to crash:
Get a TVR Speed 12.
Bring it up to over 1k HP
Set the pace to Push.
Use no downforce.
Use hard cold tires.
Take it to one of the city courses like New York.

I would love to know how a 100/100/100 B spec driver would do. Especially after the long downhill straight where you catch some air, land and then make a 90 degree right hand turn.
 
what do they mean with

Machine skill
Course skill*
Battle skill
 
appie17
what do they mean with

Machine skill
Course skill*
Battle skill

Machine skil: B-Spec Bob's ability to handle a given car (i.e. cornering, braking etc.)

Course skill: Pretty simple really, it's B-Bob's knowledge of ALL tracks, if it is 0, well, expect him to crash on a 1 degree bend on any track, not just the ones he has driven on.

Battle skill: This is B-Spec Bob's ability to PREVENT PASSING, not his passing ability. B-Bob is as dumb as **** when it comes to passing (seriously, he will comfortably sit behind the slower car until it basically forces him to pass, even at full skill!), even if he is trying to race clean, he still misses plenty of safe opportunities. Probably the hardest skill to attain.

FormulaGT
 
FormulaGT
Machine skil: B-Spec Bob's ability to handle a given car (i.e. cornering, braking etc.)

Course skill: Pretty simple really, it's B-Bob's knowledge of ALL tracks, if it is 0, well, expect him to crash on a 1 degree bend on any track, not just the ones he has driven on.

Battle skill: This is B-Spec Bob's ability to PREVENT PASSING, not his passing ability. B-Bob is as dumb as **** when it comes to passing (seriously, he will comfortably sit behind the slower car until it basically forces him to pass, even at full skill!), even if he is trying to race clean, he still misses plenty of safe opportunities. Probably the hardest skill to attain.

FormulaGT


thnx for the info:tup:
 
My Bob is mister inconsist sometimes passes when overtake is "off" and doesn't when overtake is "on", just hangs back 10 feet. I guess he's asking them if he can pass, yeah it's just because he's being polite.
B-spec 8658
Machine 100
Course 87
Battle 86
 
I won all the Speedster races in B-spec. 4/5 were with a wing fitted with 0 downforce. :p The wins weren't reliable, but I think if I did them again with downforce turned up they should be. (~107pts A-spec) Seattle was a complete walk-over. Afterwards I managed to A-spec them, having discovered that you need to raise the downforce on a cheat-wing. :p

Stats are 10,000/100/100/100

Passing still varies. It seems important to vary the pace and/or pass indicator or both. Switching to pace 5 seems to make it take an opportunity, but remaining in pace 5 it might not. Occasionally you can get it right and choose when to select the "passing line", too. But I tend to get more luck keeping pass on and switching between pace 4 and 5, mostly. Driving aids (ASM) can help with tricky parts of tricky courses. E.g. Infineon.

Someone else says "pass on" when leading tends to make it block, too. I've seen things which tend to confirm that. The same person said that pace 5 is usually overdoing it, especially on corners. It seems mostly like that. "4 in, 5 out" works for a lot of corners. For a few slow corners, "2 in, 5 out" works, with the trick seeming to be to switch to 5 immediately after you hear the braking finish. I.e. before you've actually entered the corner.

With faster cars, my B-spec driver is generally better than I am. I'm not really very good. That's why I trained him so well. (Consolation prize).
 
Back