B spec Driver is so bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrevElvis
  • 16 comments
  • 7,325 views
Messages
128
I got to lvl 10 and thought it time I started my Bspec. I let him do Sunday Cup with my EVo which he won but now I cant seem to get him to win anything else. I put him into the FF races with a car that I dominated it in(volvo) but he came 6 out of 8. How can I improve him or is he a waste of time ????
 
Think you just need to dig it out till he gets to a higher level and can drive a little better.

I hardly used B-Spec mode. Only really use it if i am eating my dinner or have somethin else on that but able to keep an eye on the TV from time to time.
 
Don't get me started on B-Spec.

Very pointless in my opinion.
 
Make sure you give your driver a car with quite some more BHP than his competitors and with the best tyres possible for that race. Works for me. He even doubles others in some amateur races.
 
Last edited:
If you think earning extra money and cars is pointless... :)

In a racing game I prefer to do that by - you know - racing. It's annoying that there seems to be prize cars in B-Spec that you need to complete A-Spec races. It's forced boredom.
 
In a racing game I prefer to do that by - you know - racing. It's annoying that there seems to be prize cars in B-Spec that you need to complete A-Spec races. It's forced boredom.

Couldn't have said it better. Would have been aiming at the Gold standard trophy if it wasn't for this B-spec... Constantly babysitting a racing driver for 4, 8 and 24 hours... my God, what have they been smoking - add a pause botton at least!
 
I give my driver a car with plenty of HP so he can get out in front and build a lead. By the second lap, I can usually just walk away and come back to a win. My B-Spec driver is at level 10 and does a pretty good job behind the wheel. If I can give him a car with roughly twice the power of the competition, I don't even watch the race. Just take the winnings and cars.
 
my B-spec driver is only lvl 12 but he VERY rarely spins out any more and always wins :)

in the beginning though, he was EXTREMELY poor and the only way he would win is by me buying a car that was VASTLY superior to the other AI and doing it up to the max. once he got a few wins under his belt (or bonnet which ever you prefer) there was a marked improvement in both his driving and win ratio, he now dominates.
 
I've given up on him. I've tried 2 different drivers and are both useless. My first Driver was only on Level 2 and couldn't drive anything I gave him in the Hatchback race in Beginner. There's only 2 cars I want as prize cars from this and thats the Zonda R and Citroen GT Race Car and I will now just get the money and buy them in A spec.
 
i like b-spec. to bad the replays are in close-up and not TV-style. but still you can watch sometimes exciting races. some events are boring. usual, like now i do other stuff when my B-spec is racing. he is now racing in the GT championship whit a Mazda Furai, i hope he don't crashes it:sly:
 
In a racing game I prefer to do that by - you know - racing. It's annoying that there seems to be prize cars in B-Spec that you need to complete A-Spec races. It's forced boredom.

I understand, if I didn't earn gold and cars in B-Spec, I wouldn't even touch it. Actually, it took a few days before I even checked out B-Spec.
 
As long as you're diligent about monitoring the race, and switch the pace up several times, you should do fine. Giving your driver a stable, well-tuned platform also helps immensely. I find B-Spec good for times I have 15-30 minutes to spare and it wouldn't be practical to set up my wheel. And, as several have pointed out, the "free" CR and prize cars don't hurt, either.
 
Is there a car in the early stages for FF race that gives him a better than average chance of winning. I used the Volvo which was only slightly better on HP
 
Is there a car in the early stages for FF race that gives him a better than average chance of winning. I used the Volvo which was only slightly better on HP

In A-Spec you get a Civic racing car from winning clubman cup I just changed the tires since it came with racing and the best you can use is comfort.

All in all at the beginning yeah the driver is very bad, I had to babysit him giving him orders for every corner of the Nr-A challenge but most of the time I don't bother just give him an immensely superior car and you dont even have to watch the race. I also really recommend you do the NR-A race since the prize car is a Mazda Furai.
 
Last edited:
In A-Spec you get a Civic racing car from winning clubman cup I just changed the tires since it came with racing and the best you can use is comfort.

All in all at the beginning yeah the driver is very bad, I had to babysit him giving him orders for every corner of the Nr-A challenge but most of the time I don't bother just give him an immensely superior car and you dont even have to watch the race. I also hardly recommend you do the NR-A race since the prize car is a Mazda Furai.

I must of sold it , wish I hadnt, the only civic I have only has 157 bhp where as my volvo has 217 bhp ???
 
I think the worst is on the truck challenge daytona, my dolt keeps hitting the brakes on the corners and straightaways. Seems to be following a pattern of copying fellow AI in front of him. Just barely won it on the third try, despite his best efforts to brake at the end and lose, he won by a marginal .004.
 
Back