B-Spec driver proficiency

  • Thread starter Thread starter tezster
  • 10 comments
  • 980 views
Messages
782
Canada
Canada
Messages
tezster
At what level do B-Spec drivers begin driving better than a 70-year old grandmother? My current B-Spec driver is at level 14. Although he has very slowly and steadily improved, his driving style/habit is still exactly the same as it was on lvl 0 i.e. he's basically tip-toeing around the track, waaaaaay too heavy on the brakes at the slightest bend in the road, ultra-conservative when attempting to overtake. Not only that, once he takes the lead and cools down, his lap times has a tendency to drop - it's almost like an invitation for the other AI drivers to catch up and pass him. Totally stupid behavior.

On very rare occasions, he may show a glimpse of initiative when his mood is in full red and actually makes an aggressive move, but this is definitely the exception to the norm.
 
One question, are you using the best tires you can for every race for your B-Spec Bob? It makes a HUGE difference!
If you have the correct tires and giving Bob a car with more power than your opponents there should be no problem in winning! I think it were somewhere in lvl 12-15 I realised how important the tires were. And now I'm pretty much never frustrated any more over Bob driving like a five year old! (I'm att level 24 B-Spec at the moment).
 
My B-Spec driver is level 14 and he is driving really well now I thought.

As it counts down to the start I tell him to Increase Pace to raise his bar into red before the race starts, get a good start, do some overtaking (whilst keepind his bar at about 3/4's) get in front, do a couple of good laps and then let his bar drop. I have had one instance where I had to push him the whole race and he coped fine.

All I can say is you do have to mange his pace depending on race situation, track, car ... (this that and the other) Sometimes you can leave him but sometimes you just have to manage him.

And the tyres! Always have the best allowed on ... And tune the car to the B Spec driver, such as the transmission, you can favour that to acceleration if you aren't hitting the top speed on the straights, just stuff like that
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I use the best tires for the given event. It's relatively easy to manage once he gets to the front, but if he gets stuck in the middle of the pack for a few turns, it becomes immensely more difficult when he gets frustrated repeatedly failing to pass cars. He's great driving in a straight line (who wouldn't be?), but really corners quite poorly.

Laguna Seca has to be the absolute worst track for a B-spec driver.
 
give pace up commands for each straight and pace down commands for technical sections on every lap. if these offset then his blue/red meter will not be impacted either way and you can keep him in the right zone according to his personality. with the right commands at the right times each lap Bob should have no trouble winning most races with good tires and some extra horsepower. he does not do well it you leave him unattended for the whole race, you really do need to manage him regularly.
 
So ideally, you have to keep his mood in line with his personality through the race? That amounts to quite a bit of micro-managing.
 
micro-managing? maybe, but it is meant to be "played" as part of the game, not just something to set up before you have dinner to earn Xp and Credits ...
 
Yep on the harder races you have to keep an eye on Bobs meter and track position. Most races you can just give him a monster car and forget about it but some require a bit of effort on your part.
 
Why does everybody call him "Bob"? My guy's name is "I. Coffee".
 
Why does everybody call him "Bob"? My guy's name is "I. Coffee".

because if we ALL started using our own personal B-spec's driver's name, it would get quite confusing. 'Bob' is a general name for 'B' spec driver. Unless that makes you unhappy. then we will change it.
My Bob has done wonderfully until the truck races... I finally got ahold of a Ford SVT, and tuned it right out, and dominated the A spec races.. but now in B spec, I can't get better than 9th place.. bob takes his sweet time on all the corners, and brakes super hard.. so much so his rear gets ridden by the other drivers.. yet it's easily the fastest truck on the track.... any advice??
 
Back