B spec drivers can use manual transmission.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uncle Harry
  • 14 comments
  • 2,116 views
Messages
1,418
Was trying to see why after B spec my A Spec transmission allways defaulted back to Auto.

Well blow me down, BSpec can use manual. Just go into race settings and change to manual the same as you would for A spec.
You have to do it at the start of each race.

By gosh my level 7 driver could win races in cars that before he struggled to place. Historic event beginner level, 1st both races Jag E type with a few upgrades). RWD races beginner 1st in 3 races, Merc AMG C63).

After the RWD races I got level 10 ranking and a new driver.
Got him up to level one with the 3 races in Sunday cup driving manual Imprezza type R with no upgrades, not even an oil change.
Thought I would test him in the 90's Japanese Races level 7 in the above car

He won both races driving very well.

Both green and blue bars were completley used up, but he could still increase pace when needed.

Easy way to get to level 3 in 5 races.

Using manual my guys have had 10 straight wins!

Currently at A spec level 25 and 5 million credits and waiting for the F1 in the used car lot. Cycling the lists by doing B spec.
 
My Bobs like to bounce off the rev limiter, jerks.
 
Could you be a little more specific about where to see this?
I can't seem to find it.
I've never changed it for ASpec.
 
Could you be a little more specific about where to see this?
I can't seem to find it.
I've never changed it for ASpec.

Next to the green race entry flag you will see a white icon that is race settings. Click on it with the X button. You then get a menu where settins can be turned on or off and auto and manual can be selected.
 
Next to the green race entry flag you will see a white icon that is race settings. Click on it with the X button. You then get a menu where settins can be turned on or off and auto and manual can be selected.

Odd. For me that menu only ever shows tyre selections in B-spec.
 
Yeh same here, there is no option for manual or automatic in B-Spec.
 
I never actually thought about the transmission in B-Spec. Since I saw my B-Spec drivers bouncing of the rev limiter multiple times instead of shifting up right before a corner (one of the few good moves I've seen them perform), I was quite content the way it was set up :D
 
Yeah he always uses Manual, in fact your A-Spec (if it's Premium) uses the Manual, except you don't have to hit the shifts. Weird.
 
I'm at that screen with the "green flag".
To the right of it is a "white helmet" which takes me to starting driver selection.
Next is a "white dial" which opens a screen that just has tire choice for the front and rear.
And finally there is a "white wrench/spanner" which takes me to the tuning screen.
I can't find anything indicating auto/manual.
:confused:
 
I too can only change tires for B-Spec drivers. No other options under Racing Options for B-Spec.
 
Same here i have those 3 options .. Uncle Harry is your GT5 the collectors editions or something other than the box standard version maybe if so you get the extra option ??
 
I'm at that screen with the "green flag".
To the right of it is a "white helmet" which takes me to starting driver selection.
Next is a "white dial" which opens a screen that just has tire choice for the front and rear.
And finally there is a "white wrench/spanner" which takes me to the tuning screen.
I can't find anything indicating auto/manual.
:confused:

This is weird. :scared:

The white dial is the one with all the settings I can change.
It is exactly the same as my A spec menu.

I was able to select all the options and turn on all the driver aids.





The transmission setting is at the top ?

Edit : I have not installed the upgrades

Edit 2 : Standard issue game.
 
This is weird. :scared:

The white dial is the one with all the settings I can change.
It is exactly the same as my A spec menu.

I was able to select all the options and turn on all the driver aids.

The transmission setting is at the top ?

Edit : I have not installed the upgrades

Edit 2 : Standard issue game.

Uncle Harry -
I used to be able to change these settings before I did the upgrade to 1.03, since the upgrade I no longer have the choice to make these changes.

I used to change the TC and give my Bob some "aids" help when he was just a newbie. I can't do this anymore.

One good reason for doing the upgrade though is that it should allow you to see the AI competition before entering a race. The 1.03 upgrade adds a button on the Race Series screen between the tire requirements and the race requirement menus.

Respectfully,
GTsail
 
I have upgraded .. hummm sometimes more is less i guess !
 
Back