B-spec drivers: just plain bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orobouros
  • 5 comments
  • 493 views
Messages
21
Messages
Orobouros
I've been dabbling a bit in B-spec, but it gets a bit frustrating. I know it's silly to think that level 1 drivers will be winning golds all the time. However, I've gotten two drivers up to class 3, given them some decent cars, and they still can't drive for peas or carrots. Yes, I'm actually giving them directions instead of just sitting them watching them race. I'm just surprised that even with a somewhat superior car, they can barely overtake a car with much less power. On a straightaway, they barely even seem to want to keep up; though sometimes they will just overtake on their own! Once, I even had a driver decide just to sit in the middle of the track for a few seconds.

Do they get better? Am I missing something obvious here? Or is it unrealistic to think I can get golds on even the easiest races until later in the game?
 
I just put the driver (low level) in a slightly more powerful car and left him on 'keep pace'. He jumped a few places from the start line and then i just waited for the other AI's to make mistakes.
This worked for me, maybe you could try?
 
Actually, I did. managed to get up to silver, but not gold.
 
It takes a bit getting used to. If you can, try to give your guy every advantage you can, because he'll need it. Remember, they suck at passing, so you gotta make it up on the straights. Try to get ahead ASAP, and after that, try to keep their temperament near the middle and just maintain pace.
 
In the beginning I had to severely overpower the cars they drove for them to even stand a chance.

Especially annoying having to upgrade the truck used in the Pick-Up challenge to 700BHP. Such a waste.

Sold the car faster than you can say "don't brake on daytona you retard" afterwards. Man was that annoying...

Very satisfying to see my level 24 driver tearing the other drivers apart. He really flies around the track. Hes about 45% on a scale from 0% (cool) and 100% (hot).

I've left him alone a lot to level up on his own. Surprisingly he often went from 6-7th place to 1st on the last two laps without me telling him what to do.

When you get to the NASCAR event it gets interesting. It boils down to who can drive the coolest untill the last few laps. Then everyone's tires are worn out and you can easily glide past and win. Was fun to se the tactic applied actually working :)
 
my driver used to lose races like water runs...i found some perfect cars for him and basically tell him to slowly pace himself...next thing i know he's winning races left and right:tup:
 
Back