B-Spec Gone Wild!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MuSaSh1
  • 44 comments
  • 7,079 views
dbartucci
Couple of threads on this already.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58596

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58816

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57208

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57208

I'm pretty sure all the questions about b-spec skill points have been covered in these 4 threads, some more than once.

Let me say this again though, if you're only looking at your total b-spec points and not your skill levels you're only looking at half the story. If you really want to improve your B-spec driver do the following.

Start with slower cars, run family cups at many circuits on difficulty where he'll have to battle for position and pass frequently, monitor this race, don't just put it on 5 and overtake, but move the settings, tell him to pass when you want him to.

Take a more powerful car, do the same thing.

Take a even more powerful car, do the same thing until you've run each track a few times.

You should have high battle, machine and course skill now.

You should also notice he stays on the track, rarely bumps anyone when passing and is much better.

This is the answer that I've been looking for. Thanks for this reply. I did notice that taking my car to circuits and practice adds 9 points to my b-spec points. So Im guessing that I get more if I do the family circuits? And how do you get more points. Ive seen my points climb 2500 points and not even know it. I dont even know how I did it. Anyhow, how do you get more points so I my driver doesnt run into cars and walls?
 
Studentdriver "his signature"
GT4 and Yello: Making failing fun since 2/22/05!

I hear you BIG time...... sorry off topic.

My B Spec is only at 4,000 odd and behaves very well. I've found that not pushing him helps a great deal. If I really think the race will be hard I stick him on 4 at the max, resting him on 1 or 2 once in first place seams to calm him down to race better and in turn quicker.

Remember in real racing slow is fast, control wins over desperation.
 
I did'nt see this mentioned above and I did'nt want to start a whole new thread but:

I b-spec'd the 24hr 'Ring race w/ my Minolta. Started with 4790 points. Went to my garage after it finshed and I see...4790 points. Why did I not get ANY points for that race?
 
Mr. White
I did'nt see this mentioned above and I did'nt want to start a whole new thread but:

I b-spec'd the 24hr 'Ring race w/ my Minolta. Started with 4790 points. Went to my garage after it finshed and I see...4790 points. Why did I not get ANY points for that race?

Add this to the above posts about strange B-Spec stuff going on (I could add several anecdotes but what's the use) and it's starting to point in one direction, isn't it? PD did not get B-Spec debugged before they released the game. It's borked in many ways, like so many other things about GT4.
 
MuSaSh1
This is the answer that I've been looking for. Thanks for this reply. I did notice that taking my car to circuits and practice adds 9 points to my b-spec points. So Im guessing that I get more if I do the family circuits? And how do you get more points. Ive seen my points climb 2500 points and not even know it. I dont even know how I did it. Anyhow, how do you get more points so I my driver doesnt run into cars and walls?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1531784&postcount=11

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1532580&postcount=27

The best answers on B-Spec skill points and total points are here, imo
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1516342&postcount=2

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1516346&postcount=3
 
my b-spec driver has never had a problem on super speedway. after he is in the lead i set the pace on 1 and he drives perfectly.
 
B-spec Mileage: 3,818
B-spec Skill: 7648
Machine: 91
Course: 77
Battle: 72

My driver loves to piss the other drivers off by rear-ending them regardless...he's been doing that since day 1. I have noticed that when I leave Overtake+Pace Lv5 on for the entire race he rarely wipes out unless it's a chicane or tight S-curve. I wonder what would happen if I put the Pace to Lv3 all the time and redo some easy races so he can gain skill. = D
 
C70T5
I hear you BIG time...... sorry off topic.

My B Spec is only at 4,000 odd and behaves very well. I've found that not pushing him helps a great deal. If I really think the race will be hard I stick him on 4 at the max, resting him on 1 or 2 once in first place seams to calm him down to race better and in turn quicker.

Remember in real racing slow is fast, control wins over desperation.

I'm the same, about 4,150 B-Spec Points. Mainly have it on 4 & overtake, then every so often I put it on 5. Once I'm in 1st I knock it off Overtake & down to 3, then oce I have a big lead drop it to 2 or even 1
 
phattboy
It has been a lot of folk's experience the b-spec driver does learn through a training process or simply by seat time.

B-Spec might be bollox to you but to some of us it isn't. It is another dimension to the game that can actually be quite challenging and fun 👍 and/or used for financial rewards. 👍 In fact, in time, I can see where some of us will be challenging others in "Rolf" races. (Rolf is what I named my b-spec driver)

phattboy

I take it back...been racing B-Spec esp championships..and yer its fun and leaves ya kinda proud when ya won 👍 apologies. :)
 
Where is your brake controller set when you give your B-Spec driver the keys? I learned to drive with large brake controller numbers like 12 / 9 or 16 / 12 (I always use a 4:3 ratio) and only modulate the amount of braking force

The B-Spec driver can't handle numbers that high though as it will slam the brakes to the floor and this always invokes ABS. Getting into ABS is fine and dandy for the street, but ABS won't stop a car in the shortest possible distance. ABS locks and releases the brakes hundreds of times a second. Holding the brakes at what is called "impending lockup" will produce shorter stopping distances. Impending lockup holds the pads against the rotor the whole time. Any more pressure on the brake pedal and the tires will lock, any less pressure and the pads will not be doing their most efficient work on the rotor.

If you knock the brake bias setting down to 8 / 6 (or 7 / 5 for that matter), the B-Spec driver will slam the brakes on but these numbers don't get into ABS so the car stops much quicker and the driver will not overshoot corners.
 
Hitandrun
I take it back...been racing B-Spec esp championships..and yer its fun and leaves ya kinda proud when ya won 👍 apologies. :)

I have no worries about it mate... no need for apologies 👍

phattboy
 
well so far what ive done with "Bill G" is make him lose or drive very hard cars. this seems to get his points and skill's up. also try having go round every track with as many possible catrs this will help him lern between car drive types and handeling , and thuss becoming a better driver. :) this has worked for Bill and I

[edit]

In fact try this and see what happens, pick a quite dificult series of races and pick a difficult car to drive, then turn all aids off and eneter your B-spec driver into all of the races, and he should if hes anything like mine will strat to learn the car and get better. like in the first race he will come last or second to last and by the third or fourth race he will come second or better. heypresto he's learning.
 
sprite
well so far what ive done with "Bill G" is make him lose or drive very hard cars. this seems to get his points and skill's up. ...snip...he's learning.

Which brings up an interesting thought about b-spec (may have already been discussed somewhere but not by me). If our b-spec drivers are, in fact, learning by our individual efforts and methodology, wouldn't that mean that each and every one of them will have essentially different characteristics?

On the other hand, if it is only a process of getting their b-spec points up to certain levels or combinations of numbers, then the b-spec driver isn't really learning, we are just improving on those combinations/totals.

Personally, I don't think it is AI... it is just numbers and the means/method to get them up there. But then again, how exactly do you define AI? It is all just 1s and 0s right? ;)

phattboy
 
im sad. mybspec driver is better than me and it only has like 2983 bspec points. Im a dirty driver. Off road and grass cutting with my Touring cars and **** :(
 
Back