B-Spec help/advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter thesynergy87
  • 6 comments
  • 761 views
Messages
39
Messages
Cynergy
OK, so I'm in love with actually racing my car, but decided I want to get everything out of GT5, so I have decided to try my hand at B-Spec. Here's my problem so far. No matter what commands I tend to give, and regardless of the car used, I can't seem to get gold. I suppose my question is what is the trick to racing in B-Spec with only the ability to use 3 or 4 commands. There are many times I spin out when I say pace up, there are times it won't overtake when I tell it to, there are times I feel no matter what I'm giving my driver, he does what he wants. Lastly, I have yet to figure out a time to use maintain pace, though I'm sure it'll come in at some point. Any tips other than stop B Spec and do A spec like I have been lol I really want to understand how to race B Spec.
 
ok first of all you need to understand the driver's situation, there's a cool/heat thing and a mental and physical strenght, if the driver's under pressure let's say a Evo II is behind him trying to make a pass, he will start to make mistakes and finally crash, spun, etc.

So is not a good idea to push push push the driver from the start of the race, with Bob things don't like you expect, someone said "sometimes Bob is a Schumacher, but sometimes Karthikeyan's"
 
That guy SUCKS until at least level 15, and even then he is pretty bad. It takes patience and an overpowered car to win B Spec events. Its worth it imo tho since some of the prize cars are pretty good.
 
Hi, First let me say that I am only level 9 in B spec. But I am not having any of the problems you are talking about...mmmm well some. First of all I satrted my first driver just like I started in A spec, with a MX5 all I put on it was Sport Hard tires, and a full suspension, full transmission, sport air intake, sport exhaust, no engine mods. I started out at the Autum rin just like you start in A spec.

You have to look at what type of driver you have, have 3 drivers right now all different. But all three are strong in the metal strength, that is important, if they are not strong there in hot competion the strength drops rapidly and they make mistakes.

Don't give your guys high powered cars to begin with they are just leaning. When you first played GT could you drive a high powered car great? They are the same it takes time. I race all the beginning races over and over with them.

I have one guy who s pretty hot tempered, I try not to issue to many commands, he will always charge out hard on lap one, as soon as he is close to over taking the number 1 or two spot I send slow down, I have to send about three three times and then send maintain pace. He might only be 3 or 4th at that time.

Watch the strength guage if stays in the red tell him to slow and see if it comes down, once out of the red maintain till he is close to next car to pass. then tell him to over take right after over take I send slow down, then maintain.

I have another guy who is very cool right at the begining I send over take untill he is past two or three cars then send maintain, but he will fall out of the red very quick. I let that happen till he is about the middle of the guage, the send speed up and watch the guage if it get close to red send maintain.

Each guy is different you have to learn how to work with them, but don't put them in high powered cars, that might be part of your problem I use the MX5 or my MM car with 130hp, they are now at levels 9,7, 3. The guy at 9 can drive my lotus and my BMW Z4 and my RX-7 all of which are about 300-450hp, fairly well but you must keep him out of the red. The others drive much less car, I put my level 9 guy in a California Ferrari with 575hp het got to the lead right away and then continued to loose it, he is not ready for 500hp. Take your time, I run about two or three races with them and then go back to my races.

Let me know if this helps you.

Ken
 
Give him a car that out classes everything in the competition. Its a guaranteed winning formula. If that still does not work, then I recommend you sack your current Bob for a new one.
 
Give him a car that out classes everything in the competition. Its a guaranteed winning formula. If that still does not work, then I recommend you sack your current Bob for a new one.

All the drivers are bad. Getting a new one will only make you train him all over again.
 
Back