B-Spec = Horse Racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter saiphix
  • 16 comments
  • 2,369 views
Messages
37
Messages
saiphix
Right now I'm using a race-modified Chevy ZR1 in the American Championship (Indianapolis speedway), and the only way to keep ahead of the competition is to continuously spam the "Increase Pace" command.

PUSH HARDER YOU STUPID HORSE *ahem* CAR.

Thanks GT5, even more fun than grinding the used car lot to find the Formula GT.
 
@Mods with all of the B-spec stuff floating around, maybe a new b-spec subforum would make sense?

@topic you got the right tyres on your car an bob is what level?
 
Bob is level 21, tyres are the best possible allowed by the race (Racing Hard). They weren't the first time. I just find it strange how Bob will kick ass the first few laps, then run out of steam faster than an open kettle in Alaska. Bloody annoying to be way ahead and get pipped by 0.02 seconds.
 
quote: The topic was more of a rant about how the drivers fall asleep at the wheel unless I'm screaming in their ear.

ah okay... seems I failed giving you a tip to! the Veyron isnt an american car.. tsss

one thing I noticed about the b-spec drivers is that hot tempered drivers defend their positions way better than the cool ones.. my highest leveled "cool" driver (22) gets way in front of the pack but drops back after a few laps and gets overtaken a lot and then has to work to gain his position back where my "hotheaded" level 15 driver gets way in front to.. then drops back, but defends his position when opposition comes close again and never gets overtaken..
so seems I have to babysit my cool driver while my agressive driver stands his ground without my help...
 
quote: The topic was more of a rant about how the drivers fall asleep at the wheel unless I'm screaming in their ear.

ah okay... seems I failed giving you a tip to! the Veyron isnt an american car.. tsss

one thing I noticed about the b-spec drivers is that hot tempered drivers defend their positions way better than the cool ones.. my highest leveled "cool" driver (22) gets way in front of the pack but drops back after a few laps and gets overtaken a lot and then has to work to gain his position back where my "hotheaded" level 15 driver gets way in front to.. then drops back, but defends his position when opposition comes close again and never gets overtaken..
so seems I have to babysit my cool driver while my agressive driver stands his ground without my help...

Yet more evidence to suggest PD intentionally programmed Bob to be retarded. It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference if he is hot tempered or not, no driver would get into a lead and then just 'nod off', but do so in order to coincidentally lose the race by a fraction of a second.

I think it has been done like that to falsely manufacture tension and excitement into an otherwise dull game.
 
With Viper race Oreca team car, full upgraded you will win all the time. Just wach when you catch slow cars to overtake it properly. And I make lvling my low lvl Bob in this race:sly:
 
quote: Yet more evidence to suggest PD intentionally programmed Bob to be retarded. It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference if he is hot tempered or not, no driver would get into a lead and then just 'nod off', but do so in order to coincidentally lose the race by a fraction of a second.

yeah guess you're right, looking at it that way...
 
@Mods with all of the B-spec stuff floating around, maybe a new b-spec subforum would make sense?

@topic you got the right tyres on your car an bob is what level?

B-spec subforum sounds just the ticket
 
I don't think it needs a subforum, it's not like it needs discussion, since there's zero depth it it. We just need a thread telling people what car/tune to use for each race. Also, I would say B-Spec is more like slot car racing; no tactic, just keep a finger on the button and wait until it's over.
 
I don't think it needs a subforum, it's not like it needs discussion, since there's zero depth it it. We just need a thread telling people what car/tune to use for each race. Also, I would say B-Spec is more like slot car racing; no tactic, just keep a finger on the button and wait until it's over.

You do realise that there are people out there who will actually enjoy B-spec.

And I'll have to constantly remind myself not to call them "freaks" and/or "perverts" or I'll get in trouble with the mods :nervous:

I think people like this should be in their own sub-forum where I don't have to be exposed to it
 
I also wish there was a way to remove the brakes or the pedal from bob when doing an oval, he zooms into the lead then brakes heavy for a corner you can sail around...even the other AI gets caught out by it and if you are lucky slams you in the back bringing you back up to speed.

I no longer concentrate on B-spec, the retarded braking nonsense from a lvl 24 bob just winds me up too much.

:grumpy:
 
I suppose it was necessary to have the driver slow way down when his mood meter gets to the bottom of the blue zone - otherwise there would be little need for player participation at all. If he drove well at that point, you could just let him screw up in the beginning when he's in the red and be confident he would catch up in the later laps when he calmed down.
 
I also wish there was a way to remove the brakes or the pedal from bob when doing an oval, he zooms into the lead then brakes heavy for a corner you can sail around...even the other AI gets caught out by it and if you are lucky slams you in the back bringing you back up to speed.

I no longer concentrate on B-spec, the retarded braking nonsense from a lvl 24 bob just winds me up too much.

:grumpy:

Someone mentioned turning the brake level to 1 for both front and rear. I haven't tried it yet, but that's gotta be a gem for Indy. I find it funny that a tactic is taking away the AI's ability to suck so bad. I could just imagine this scenario in real life: "You're riding the brakes too much, so I removed them for you. Good luck, kid!"
 
The RM ZR1 is a sure thing even if the Ford GT is clinging to Bozo's bumper. However, if I do lose a race (2nd place is the first loser - Dale Sr), I go straight to GT Auto for an oil change. More times than not, the oil is muddy brown.

+1 for a B-Spec sub forum. I'm doing my first enduro with Bozo I, II, III, and IV. What's the Pit Stop Strength Level for?
 
The RM ZR1 is a sure thing even if the Ford GT is clinging to Bozo's bumper. However, if I do lose a race (2nd place is the first loser - Dale Sr), I go straight to GT Auto for an oil change. More times than not, the oil is muddy brown.

+1 for a B-Spec sub forum. I'm doing my first enduro with Bozo I, II, III, and IV. What's the Pit Stop Strength Level for?

u set it at a level for your driver to automatically enter the pits. when ur doing 4+ hour endurance its nice to spend few mins getting in lead, set level to bout 10 or 20% and go watch tv. just be careful tho cos it will always fill ur fuel upto max which can take a helluva long time. i did teh b-spec 4hr endurance on tsukuba last night by just selecting my 4 drivers. leaving it for 3 n half hour then came back to 'tidy' up
 
Back