B-spec money making races

• Thread starter iLex
  • 17 comments
gtp_iLex
B-spec guide to making money and XP

I have been searching for a comprehensive guide to make money using B-spec, but no one seems to have documented the races... or I haven't found it.
Below you will find the races I have done to make some money. So far these are the best I could find within the levels. Ofcourse things can get better and that's where you come in :D
Please add your races to this thread and I'll update the first post.
The rules:
- Please keep to the format for easy copy-pasting (if anything is not clear, please ask).
- The races must be done without any instructions by the player. They are all 'start and walk away' races.
- Use a reasonable time. There is no real need for an avarage time, but please dont post the best time you've seen. It's not a competition :)

NOTES:
- Loading times are not considered when calculating the Cr/XP per minute.
- Times presented are sampled times and may vary (mostly by how long it will take for the driver to secure first place).
- All races are done on the best tyres allowed.
- The best XP per minute and the best credits per minute will be highlighted.
- I am fully aware that these cars are not available to all. In time I hope this thread will contain a variety of cars and races. IN the meantime, restrictions, power and weight are given, so it should be possible to find a similar car.

lvl 11

Supercar Festival - Daytona
XP: 1473
Money: Cr.15,900
Car restrictions: none

Car: SLS AMG Stealth Model (tuned, 793bhp, 1465kg)
Time: 4m50s
Cr per minute: Cr.3,290
XP per minute: 305
Failed attempts: none, but it might be possible that Bob has a hard time overtaking.

lvl 13

British Lightweights - London
XP: 2048
Money: Cr.22,200
Car restrictions: Great Brittain, <1200kg

Car: XJ13 Race Car Chrome Line (stock, 548bhp, 975kg)
Time: 6m40s
Cr per minute: Cr 3,330
XP per minute: 307 XP
Failed attempts: none so far

lvl 20

Schwarzwald League B - Nürburgring
Money: Cr.33,000
XP: 7358
Car restrictions: Germany

Car: SLS AMG Stealth Model (tuned, 793bhp, 1465kg)
Time: 16m30s
Cr per minute: Cr 2,000
XP per minute: 446 XP
Failed attempts: None (out of dozens of races). The competition gets close sometimes, but the 'hotness' of the driver increases fast enough for him to stay ahead. The straight at the end creates a big gap, so even if one or two cars manage to overtake, the driver will be able to take back the lead there.

Last edited:
The best I have found in B- Spec is the dream car championship. Using the FGT you can walk away after you start each race. 5 races total each pays just over 22k and take on average about 20 minutes each in the FGT +/- depending on weather.

You can run the first 4 and exit the 5th after the start and win the championship which pays you a bonus of just over 200k so you can get a bit over 280k in roughly 80 minutes only needing to come back and start the next race every 20 minutes or so.

You also need to make sure he has rain tires to start the race if it is raining and hard race tires if it is not.

I do the tuned car championship in Expert series

Cant remember exact but its something like this....
33600 Credit and about 4200 xp, it takes about 11 minutes.

As I mentioned before here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141717#post4299652

Level 21:
Like the Wind
Daytona
38,000 8998 14 min FGT (2700c/min : 643x/min)
Indy speedway
38,000 8342 14 min FGT (2700c/min : 596x/min)

Level 23:
American Championship
Indy speedway
54,000 11697 17:14 2J Race car (3176c/min : 688x/min)
Laguna Seca
54,000 12382 15:21 2J Race car (3522c/min : 807x/min)

I don't think B-Spec is all that useful for money grinding, a few races with A-spec at American Championship is worth hours and hours worth of B-spec grinding. But for leveling B-Spec experience it can be worth it.

I'm level 17, what's a good race to grind on? Instead of making us grind, PD should've given more XP per event or MORE EVENTS. This grinding stuff could've been avoided so EASILY. It makes no sense. Just added stress on my PS3 for no reason.

You wait until you get to the endurance events.
32000 cr for a four hour race, absolutely pathetic.

Again the best race I have found for money in B-Spec is the Dream Car Championship if done for max effect it will produce a little over 280k in about 80 minutes or less if it is not raining on Monza and/or Lemans. This is good to do while you watch TV or something as it is 4 races at about 20 minutes each. I exit the 5th race so I can run the series 5 times in the same time it would take to run it 4 times doing all 5 races but by aborting the 5th race I can get an additional 200k in the same time period.

I have not tried letting Bob use the X1 in it yet but you can bet it will take less time with it. So far I have let him use the FGT to get the times I mentioned.

Again the best race I have found for money in B-Spec is the Dream Car Championship if done for max effect it will produce a little over 280k in about 80 minutes or less if it is not raining on Monza and/or Lemans. This is good to do while you watch TV or something as it is 4 races at about 20 minutes each. I exit the 5th race so I can run the series 5 times in the same time it would take to run it 4 times doing all 5 races but by aborting the 5th race I can get an additional 200k in the same time period.

I have not tried letting Bob use the X1 in it yet but you can bet it will take less time with it. So far I have let him use the FGT to get the times I mentioned.

Thanks for this.
I will update later. Working right now, only time for short comments :D
Do you happen to know the XP you get for each race? Not there yet, so I can't check it myself.

Thanks for this.
I will update later. Working right now, only time for short comments :D
Do you happen to know the XP you get for each race? Not there yet, so I can't check it myself.

Im slowly working my way through on my sheadsheet, see here

I would say for pure cash, the american championship is the best time to cr investment about on indy speedway and ford gt test car and nets 50k some in cr. Takes maybe 14 minutes, so you can afk awhile check back in later and pace them up towards to end to guarantee a win.

But any of the ovals are good for xp and cash, even for noob drivers since ovals are hard to mess up if they got a op car with a bunch of downforce, course they will tire out long before like the wind etc is done but pace them up constantly they will win them easily and level up as drivers super fast.

I've started recording the prizes for the higher B-spec races:

I just realised that the numbers in the picture are all shifted along by one but you can still see what's what.
B-spec.jpg

I'll add more as I complete them but so far the best I've found are as follows:

P.D.Cup in Expert series gives the best Cr/min (I use the 787 Stealth)
DTM race at Nurburgring gives the best Exp/min (I used the Mercedes Cosworth).

On balance though when I need to grind B-spec I prefer to do the PD Cup as the money is a lot better and the Exp is almost as good.

Wingers

I've started recording the prizes for the higher B-spec races:

I just realised that the numbers in the picture are all shifted along by one but you can still see what's what.
B-spec.jpg

I'll add more as I complete them but so far the best I've found are as follows:

P.D.Cup in Expert series gives the best Cr/min (I use the 787 Stealth)
DTM race at Nurburgring gives the best Exp/min (I used the Mercedes Cosworth).

On balance though when I need to grind B-spec I prefer to do the PD Cup as the money is a lot better and the Exp is almost as good.

Wingers

Wow, that's great! Well done. Mind if I put this image in the first post?

Dream Car Champion ship = 1,080,000cr in just over an hour if you're using the Formula GT car.
each race is approx. 18minutes and nets $108,000 and about 10800xp.
and then yo uget the 540,000 for winning the cup.
This is what i've been doing to recoup the costs of buying the FGT in the first place.

EDIT: the time gets drastically blown out once it's PISSING DOWN RAIN at both Sarthe and nurburgring.
hahah 11 minute laps of the latter.

Last edited:
Yep even quicker if you use the X1. I have massed over 12 mil over the last 2 days while I was not playing myself :)

Yep even quicker if you use the X1. I have massed over 12 mil over the last 2 days while I was not playing myself :)

Oooh - good to know! I just unlocked the Dream Car Championship in B-Spec, so I'll be knocking that one off tomorrow. Probably more than a few times. :)

Hello,
Ok im getting sooo angry right now, he gets into the lead by 3-4 seconds + the decides to do a ******* drift into the wall and spins the car and goes last in the race! No matter how much I calm him an tell him to slow the **** down he just keeps driving like he has the downs?!?!?

Thanks

Back