B-spec: Most Odd/Unusual Thing Done While Grinding

United States
Adrian, Mich.
cargorat323
CargoRatt
Just a fun little thing here to see what odd/unusual things others are doing while grinding for credits. And lets keep it clean, because if you are doing that :eek: while grinding for credits, then you are definitely multi-tasking the wrong two things. :lol:

Mine isn't really odd, but I ground out a bunch of credits today while watching the NASCAR race. (Route X) Also, just now, I ran to McDonalds while running the Nurburgring 24 min. race. Not very exciting, I'm sure some of you have some better stories so lets hear 'em. 👍

You are damn right. Today I learned how to play the original chords on guitar for Hotel California by the Eagles. Put a capo on the 7th fret (:scared:) and start with E minor... rather than the easier 2nd Fret capo alternate which is more common. Blah blah.

So for the most part, I play guitar while doing 24 minutes of Nurburgring.:cool:

Bob did an unusual thing for me at 24h 'ring race. He got massive air over the big jump near the start of the nordschleife, hit the back end of the car in front of him in mid air, which resulted in a 3 sec penalty for ramming, but that made his car ghost right through the back of the car in front as he landed, and once the penalty finished, he was ahead. Best overtake I've ever seen from Bob lol.

I was just doing housework at the time, not unusual at all lol.

The other type of grinding. ;)

:lol: But in all seriousness, I'm usually on my phone, drawing, or playing guitar.

Did you not see my warning in the OP. :P :lol:

"And lets keep it clean, because if you are doing that :eek: while grinding for credits, then you are definitely multi-tasking the wrong two things." :lol:

Just a fun little thing here to see what odd/unusual things others are doing while grinding for credits. And lets keep it clean, because if you are doing that :eek: while grinding for credits, then you are definitely multi-tasking the wrong two things. :lol:
Well.. ummm...
Lets see, what else did I do that may be interesting ;)

Watched some TV, Ate some food, chatted on the phone, surfed the net, took a short nap.

Of course the thing I can't talk about was much more interesting ;)

Well.. ummm...
Lets see, what else did I do that may be interesting ;)

Watched some TV, Ate some food, chatted on the phone, surfed the net, took a short nap.

Of course the thing I can't talk about was much more interesting ;)

Yeeeaaaa, I think me knows all about that one. ;) Notice my disclaimer in my OP. :sly:

As I'm sure just about everyone has noticed, the Nurb24 race takes about exactly as long as a TV show. That way you know exactly when to pop in and restart the race. Someday when I'm directing a racing team, I'll just sit in back of the pits watching TV and turn around and yell "Push the pace!" every half hour. It seems to work well.

Other things I've done while grinding: 7-Eleven runs, laundry, washing the slats on my vertical blinds in the kitchen sink, sleeping.

I do nothing unusual, usually just go to Youtube, clean my room/house, eat, practice all I have learned in german class, or simply watch the race.

Well, it's either listening to music, or watching gameplay videos of Gundam Extreme VS: Full Boost on the Youtubes. Actually, I was even watching Japanese tournament videos of that game while I was earning money in Like the Wind yesterday (Pescarolo Judd-Hybrid in Indy earns you big bucks, son). It must be weird hearing a Japanese fighting game commentator while I'm watching a GT6 race, I think...

Playing Gran Turismo in my PSP, or playing Gran Turismo 4 in my PS2 when my little sister doesn't play in the living room. :cool: 👍

Had relations with my girlfriend... i gotta tell ya though... it took iron will and thinking about my tax return to get to the 24 minute mark

I mean come on... 24 minutes? Who are Sony kidding?

Go outside for a smoke break, Clean my guns, Shower, Clean room, Facebook, Play with the dogs, And god knows what else.

Had relations with my girlfriend... i gotta tell ya though... it took iron will and thinking about my tax return to get to the 24 minute mark

I mean come on... 24 minutes? Who are Sony kidding?
In GT5 they had real endurance races. Shortest endurance race was about an hour. Longest being 24 hours.

You are damn right. Today I learned how to play the original chords on guitar for Hotel California by the Eagles. Put a capo on the 7th fret (:scared:) and start with E minor... rather than the easier 2nd Fret capo alternate which is more common. Blah blah.

So for the most part, I play guitar while doing 24 minutes of Nurburgring.:cool:
WHAT?!?! You mean I've been playing it wrong for the last year??? I start with a B minor, F#major, A, etc. I guess I'll have to get B Spec Bob dusted off and get a new grip on my guitar.

Where does it go after the E minor with Capo 7??
Thanks, Pete

I guess I'll have to get B Spec Bob dusted off and get a new grip on my guitar.

That should strike the right chord with Bob. :D

I never use my Bob for grinding anymore - don't really need to grind in this game with credits coming so fast we can't get rid of them. When I race Bob now I actually race him. I'm sitting there gripping the controller and watching his every move like a hawk.
At other times I just like to watch him race.

In GT4 and GT5 my Bobs would grind for me no end - even while I was away from home.
They'd be grinding a two-hour enduro while I was out doing groceries.

Back