B-Spec Pit Strategy ( TIP )

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harley45
  • 6 comments
  • 18,022 views

Harley45

Grumpy Old Git
Premium
Messages
1,527
Messages
ScruffybUK
When you get to the later Levels and you need more than One Driver to Complete the Races

Formula GT , Endurance e.t.c

Don't set the "Pit Strategy" to 90 as the Driver will Pit early .

Example : Gt Series Race Suzuka is 30 Laps godammit so theres no way I was going to babysit the Plebs for 30 Laps so I set the "Pit Strategy" to 90 thinking he'll pit when he is 90% Tired . Oops it works the other way ,when he was 10% Tired he pitted and handed over after only 3 flipping laps :dunce:

Needless to say I had to re-start the Race again :ouch:
 
Another good tip when doing the Formula GT championship is to pit when you're about 55% through the race (and tyres). This will allow you to drive with better tyres than the AI for the remaining laps. You should not need to pit more than once, so make sure you get enough fuel aswell. This is usually sorted automatically.
 
Actually the computer will tend to put too much fuel in and fuel takes a very long time to put in, so it's best to put no more than 15-20litres in at a time. Of course if your only making one stop this will generally not be an option.
 
Yeah the computer will fill up the tank untill you don't need any more to finish the race. That means that you'll run with more weight than you have to for about 80-90% of the race. Usually when doing B-spec endurance I can't be bothered with managing the fuel.
 
I usually set it 30 - 40, when the car is way more powerfull (did this for the 24h races) 50%, so the first driver is fully charged when the 4th is done
 
Back