B Spec Racing

• Thread starter Internomad
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Internomad
Hi, in B Spec Racing, how may times can you effectively increase pace and also what does the character positions of Hot and Cool mean? I've also noticed in the current rac e that my driver is skidding all over the place. All I have done since the last race is change the oil and fit alloy wheels! Would the wheels make any difference?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot there was a B Spec Forum, could a Mod move it please?

Last edited:
Hi, in B Spec Racing, how may times can you effectively increase pace and also what does the character positions of Hot and Cool mean? I've also noticed in the current rac e that my driver is skidding all over the place. All I have done since the last race is change the oil and fit alloy wheels! Would the wheels make any difference?

the lower level bobs cant drive the cars rite away. You should start with the sunday cup so he gains a few levels.

r3dnekteddybear
the lower level bobs cant drive the cars rite away.

This is understating it. Low-level Bobs have never even known what cars were prior to starting their careers as professional drivers. This is evident by their driving like a ten-year-old stole his dad's car and tried figuring out driving on his own and by the daft moves like standing on the brake pedal on approach to the enormous, gentle bends of Daytona superspeedway, even when driving a slower, mild car. My grandmother wouldn't brake so much for Daytona, but Bob craps his pants at the sight of those bends.

Hi, in B Spec Racing, how may times can you effectively increase pace and also what does the character positions of Hot and Cool mean? I've also noticed in the current race that my driver is skidding all over the place. All I have done since the last race is change the oil and fit alloy wheels! Would the wheels make any difference?

You can press the "increase pace"-button every ten seconds (it will be blocked before), but you don't get any additional effect for as long as the Emotion Indicator is rising. Once it stops rising, you can press the button again, if you want to. The length of time that your commands have an effect, increase with the driver's skill. In the beginning he will stay at the current pace just over 30 seconds when you press "Maintain pace", close to level 40 the effect will be almost a whole minute. Increase or decrease pace-commands or "Overtake" have a shorter effect.

If your driver is hot, that means he tries to drive faster, but he is also more error-prone. The amount of errors varies on the skill of the driver, the remaining stamina, and also on car and track. On some tracks you will need to slow him down a lot so as to avoid errors. If your driver is skidding, then you are probably running him too hot for his current skill.

I've found that in most cases it's best to run him at about 75%. That way you can get decent laptimes without too many errors. That depends on the general characteristics of our driver though.

Done. For future reference, you can move your own threads. Just click on thread tools at the top of the thread, then move. Select where you want to move it to (making sure it's on topic for that forum), chose an expiring redirect (it's fine to leave it at a month,) then click move.

You can press the "increase pace"-button every ten seconds (it will be blocked before), but you don't get any additional effect for as long as the Emotion Indicator is rising. Once it stops rising, you can press the button again, if you want to. The length of time that your commands have an effect, increase with the driver's skill. In the beginning he will stay at the current pace just over 30 seconds when you press "Maintain pace", close to level 40 the effect will be almost a whole minute. Increase or decrease pace-commands or "Overtake" have a shorter effect.

If your driver is hot, that means he tries to drive faster, but he is also more error-prone. The amount of errors varies on the skill of the driver, the remaining stamina, and also on car and track. On some tracks you will need to slow him down a lot so as to avoid errors. If your driver is skidding, then you are probably running him too hot for his current skill.

I've found that in most cases it's best to run him at about 75%. That way you can get decent laptimes without too many errors. That depends on the general characteristics of our driver though.

Thanks very much, that is very helpful.

Back