B-spec strength @ 24 hour events

United States
Ohio
wannaberacerx
I purchased GT-5 in January. Prior experience is only with GT-4, but I did beat the entire game, and have beat all of GT-5 with the exception of the 24 hour races at SARTHE and the NURBURGRING.
The problem I have encountered has been with my driver's STRENGTH (versus the competition). My guys can get into the lead and hold it while increasing it BUT THEIR STRENGTH DECREASES (as we would expect) and I have to pit them or PIT STRATEGY pits them.
. . . and the competition just zooms on by. (This is at SARTHE.) We get out of the pits and chase 3rd, 2nd, and 1st down - only to go thru it all again when we pit - and once again the competition goes right on by. The other cars have gone 12 laps there, and my guys really are stretching it when they go for 6.
You can't just wear your drivers down right? They can't recover enough to be able to come close to lasting 24 hours. WHAT CAN I DO?

I heard some people only make their drivers stop for tyres. Should work well, but I'm not at that level in B-Spec so I can't contribute any own opinions.

Le Mans is tricky, as you have to hope that it's all dry (or change to wet by the time you wake back up) and you have to be in a R8 or Speed 8 if you're going to have a chance to win.
Luckily for you, the Ai in a hopefully all-dry race will pit for strenght while your drivers will only pit for tires. At level 35, strenght didn't matter. I chased down the lead R8 from 3 minutes down with dead-tired drivers and never looked back once the Ai pitted for strenght.
What I do find ridiculous though is that your drivers will always tire quicker than the Ai's. My Lever 40 cool Bobs were tiring quicker than the Lever 35 Ai's in the 24 hours of Le Mans.
Of course, I'm speaking in terms of before the tire wear update, and is still waiting to be able to try again now, but just let them drive. At this point, it won't matter if they're tired or not.
If you're lucky, you may get a mostly-wet race where driver strength will always recover.

As for the 24 hours of Nurburgring, just pick a decent car that can give the bobs a win. Preferably an LMP or the 905, as they eat tires less quickly than the other Group C cars. If they lasted the 4 hours of nurburgring, they should be fine for this race

My B-Spec drivers (all LEVEL 35) do not have the STRENGTH to compete against the competition AI. They are much faster, but cannot last as many laps as the competition.
I created another thread about this 2 days ago, but I think that I didn't explain this issue well enough.
IF THERE ARE PLAYERS OUT THERE WHO HAVE BEATEN THE 24 HOUR B-SPEC RACES AT LeMANS (SARTHE) AND NURBURGRING, PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU DID IT!

AMG Mercedes CLK-LM with a stage 3 turbo and top speed of 240, with a 35, 33, and 32 team, All extreme hotheads.

-You WILL have to manage your driver for the ENTIRE race.
-Keep the drivers right at the middle line for aggression constantly. Allow them to increase aggression if they need to, but calm them if they get halfway to extreme red.
-Hard tires on the back, Soft tires on the front
-Do NOT pit for strength, let the driver choose when he's too close on fuel or tires. He never ran out once for me.
-You will be slower then 4-5 cars, you will never pass them on the course. But through your pit strategy and them pitting for strength, it takes about 2 hours, but you will get the lead for good.

-If it rains, you will still be perfectly alright, you shouldn't gain or lose any ground.
-The catch to this is if an R8 is in the race, they can beat you in the rain, so either hope it's just a passing shower, or revert to your last save point in the race (I recommend only saving if it's totally dry)

Despite having a car massively worse than the rest of the field, I managed to win by 4 laps over the C60 Judd Race Car, with a 3 hour rain section.

I did not have the R8 in the completed race I ran, my first attempt at this I forgot to save and ended up eventually losing the lead to an R8 after 7 hours of rain (seriously?) after I got 2 laps up on him.

Bumping a really old thread here, but I just completed LeMans with a maxed-out 905, stage 3 turbo, with 2 level 34s and a level 32. Since you're only allowed 3 drivers, the AI drivers don't get enough rest to fully recover their strength. Each time out, they have a little less strength. Eventually they start running less and less laps each stint.

At the beginning of the race, the only car that could hang with me was a C60 Hybride. He was doing 9 laps at first before pitting for fuel, while I was doing 10. This started to go down, and by a little past the halfway point, he was only doing 2. The other "fast" cars were doing 2-4 laps as well. By the 2\3 or 3\4 point of the race, they were all doing a single lap. There was a R10 and CLK that spent the majority of the race in 7th and 8th, respectively. By the end, they managed to join me on the podium. Finished 8 laps up on the R10 and almost 30 on a Viper in last.

Nurburgring has 4 drivers, so this won't happen here. I'm deciding what car to use, GT-ONE, R92CP, or 908 are the early favorites.

EDIT - oh, yeah, I lucked out because it rained only between laps 5 and 12.

Last edited:
I am doing the B-Spec grind as well right now. Have done le Mans 24 five times now.

Won them all comfortably without any managing with Toyota Minolta, Nissan R89C, Bentley Speed 8 and Peugeot 905 with Bentley and Minolta performing best. I suppose that the C60 hybrid and Audi R8 Race would be the best. Both are hard to get a hold of though.

In pit strategy disable pitting for strength. The drivers do well even when dead tired. Since the opponents do pit for strength they come in almost every lap in the second half of the race, at least in the dry. This makes the races kind of boring.

One other tip is to use racing softs in the front and racing hards in the back.

One other tip is to use racing softs in the front and racing hards in the back.
Depends on the car. On the 905 it gets 10 laps on RS/RM. It would get another lap or 2 with hards on the back, but the fuel won't last.

In my race there was a Speed 8 the was crawling along, accelerating at a snail's pace. He had about a quarter of a tank of fuel left, but his rears were completely gone. His TC was working overtime to prevent him from doing donuts. Only thing I can think of, some backmarker got in his way when trying to pit, and he had to come around again. Another funny thing, for the last 6 hours or so the BMW V12 car didn't change drivers when pitting.

Back