B-Spec Training Idea

  • Thread starter Thread starter mule
  • 6 comments
  • 1,430 views
M

mule

Ok,
Its clear that a b-spec driver needs training and their abilities to hold their own at a higher pace are possibly related to b-spec points. But what if it is simple driving time under their belt. In Maskrider's translations a free run can be done in b-spec mode meaning if you just leave the ps2 going and in a cheap car (doubt it matters for simple driver skill) put it on a level of aggressiveness and let it lap and lap it may build up experience.
This is just a theory coz GT4 is still a touch under 4 weeks away but it could allow b-spec driver training without sitting through b-spec so leave it going while you have dinner or watch some tv. The purpose of any car probably a used one is removing the need for mileage concerns. All you would then need is the 500cr to get into free run mode.

http://gallery.felixmcli.org/gallery/gt4tr/course_start_menu

there is the translation of the free run screen.

Any thoughts?
 
sounds like a logical idea if the b-spec driver actually improves over time. I have yet to hear anything about that until this.

reminds me of what I did for Live for Speed. the AI sucks and is quite slow at first but i set a 12 car feild with all types of cars and told them to practice. left it on over night and they were 5 seconds a lap faster on the highest setting
 
I would have thought that B spec ability is more to do with A spec points / ability. Ie it learns off how you drive?
 
Although, I am not sure about this, think the B-spec points increase the same as the A-spec points. If you enter a race with a car that will blow the others away, you will get less A-spec points. If you enter with a car that is underpowered, you get a lot more. B-spec is like this as well, if I am not mistaken. (and I might be seeing as I do not read a lot of japanese and have had no one explain it to me.)

I do enter B-spec to clear a race I don't want to run (like the long enduros) and I enter with a superior car, and I haven't got a lot of b-spec points to show for it (but I do not care)
 
I have almost 5000 B-spec points and I don't think they are allocated the same as A-spec. I think they are possibly dependent on how far ahead the B-spec driver is (can anyone clarify this?). As for improved ability, even with those points the driver is still a complete muppet! I have "affectionately" christened it "Muppet Mode". I have a wonderful replay of total and utter chaos caused by the B-spec driver. At Tsukuba the B-spec driver will always go into the gravel on that fast corner before the start/finish line, even with a slower car. Muppet? Most definitely!
 
B-Spec still has its mysteries to me also. B-spec has 3 skills that have to be built up. Machine, course, and battle. My experience is that everytime I run any b-spec race in a different car, I get more machine points. If I run the same race multiple times on the same car and track, the skill points don't seem to go up any. So I am under the impression that driving different cars on different tracks seem to raise the skill levels. The skill points determine how good of a bspec driver the AI is instead of b-spec points themselves.
Battle points seem to raise as the car has to fight for position. I think this goes up faster if you tell it when to pass and not to pass using the triangle. So a really fast car won't get many battle points because he's 1000m in the lead. So choosing a better matched car that takes a couple of laps to reach first seems to help these raise.
I actually enjoy b-spec more than I thought I would. I will go back and rerun races that I have golds in just to try to raise the skills and the excitement of cussing the ai to pass somebody when it should.
 
^^^ interesting

well i suppose my proposition would hold then if you mixed up your cars and tracks. I think this could be a long game if you want to be competitive and make the most use of b-spec etc.
 
Back