B-spec trouble

Netherlands
Netherlands
I've just been off screening b spec mode just for ***** and giggles and upto now i've been able to win most races ive let bspec driver participate in even without massive HP differences etc.

But whenever i come to driving park: motorland my bspec driver seems to lose his mind.
All other racetracks he does mostly fine, a little mistake here and there but he'll usually just win, but whenever its the motorland version (on multiple car classes) and even on beginner course my driver is just hopeless without completely overpowering the rest of the field.

Is this a known issue?
My driver is at about 4800 points so i'd expect him to be able to stay on track being on pace number 3 and having overtake on.
If i put it on 4 he does even worse whilst on every other circuit putting it on 4 works fine.

Last edited:
I've just been off screening b spec mode just for ***** and giggles and upto now i've been able to win most races ive let bspec driver participate in even without massive HP differences etc.

But whenever i come to driving park: motorland my bspec driver seems to lose his mind.
All other racetracks he does mostly fine, a little mistake here and there but he'll usually just win, but whenever its the motorland version (on multiple car classes) and even on beginner course my driver is just hopeless without completely overpowering the rest of the field.

Is this a known issue?
My driver is at about 4800 points so i'd expect him to be able to stay on track being on pace number 3 and having overtake on.
If i put it on 4 he does even worse whilst on every other circuit putting it on 4 works fine.
hello!

my guess is that the tracks you mentioned are just too narrow for the way the "AI" is programmed:
there is the "normal" racing line (if you let the b-spec driver go in photo mode, he/she/it will more or less follow that line consistently (with a few randomizations)) and at least one "overtake" line.

when the track is really narrow, there's sometimes just not enough room, i guess… so the driver ends up off-track or braking wierdly (from an a-spec perspective).

my b-pec friend has a skill of 9986 (100/99/99) and he still has a hard time on the driving park tracks.

one idea is to NOT leave overtake on all the time but to enable it just for a real pass. otherwise the driver takes the optional racing line and ends up in the grass, gravel or on these tracks even in the pits.

Back