B-Spec Willow Springs 20-mile challenge

Gdudley21853
I have managed to get a B-Spec 1st place in the other eight S races but this one is alluding me. I came close once with an FXX but lost first place on the final turn of the final lap to a McLaren. Khaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!

Has anyone found a winning combination?

I think I used the LCC Rocket 07. It won easily. :-)

Thank you, Vincent. I continually underestimate that little car. I threw everything I could into it, getting the PP over 600, and tried it out. It came close but was hitting the rev limiter around 140 which was enough to allow an FXX to track it down.

The Suzuki GSX-R/4 can do it (no need to stop for gas). The Nissan 390GT Road Car (adjustable downforce is a plus) can do it with one gas stop. These I've used won with A-spec pretty easily.

There's a setup I've used in B-spec with the KTM X-Bow Street that can win 9 out of ten times at Willow Springs even if the first three cars being a Ferrari FXX, McClaren F1 GT and Pagani Hauyra or any of those fastest vehicle combos. The X-Bow doesn't need to stop for gas and simply blows by all the slow and purposely blocking backmarker vehicles. The X-Bow might fall back as far as 27 seconds due to blocking but simply outruns those lead cars at the end because they have to stop for gas or they burn their tires up. I've seen my X-Bow do lap times as low as 1:18.xxx even in light traffic. The gas tank icon pops on halfway through the last (8th) lap and the left rear tire is always left with 2 units to spare. I've seen it win with as much as 16 seconds to spare but it's usually around 6 seconds or so. I can re-run the same race again and get slightly different winning results so there is some variance in racing the same cars. However my B-spec X-Bow Street setup is nearly foolproof against the fastest cars the game can throw at it. I just set it for Push It Hard!, walk away and come back to see a 1st place win.

BTW, you can also use the more powerful KTM X-Bow R at Willow Springs but that would be overkill. My B-spec setup is more to conserve fuel consumption so it only uses around 80% power but that's more than enough to easily win.

I have won this race several times in B-spec, beating the Huayra, with the Lotus Elise '11. And I'm still working to improve the results.

Edit: Now have won against all top opponents. Best lap 1:19.702.

2nd edit: That 19.702 must be some kind of fluke due to drafting. After numerous additional runs, I have been unable to replicate it. The closest I'm getting 20.2's and 20.3's and 20.4's.

However, the wins against any combination of opposition at Willow are there, and come automatically without any additional instructions to B-Spec Bob during the race.

At Ascari, the other Super tire wear and fuel mileage event for normal cars, I can win against any opposition, but I'm running 4-14 liters short on making it a full run without a pit-stop, so Bob makes a late stop to top up and loses. To win, I must instruct him to stop at lap 5. If he does that, he wins because he never slows down on worn tires. I've noticed he slows when the tires get down to below"5".

Note: At Willow I can Push it Hard! But at Ascari there are many wrecks resulting from this, so it's best to Push the Pace at Ascari.

Last edited:
Back