B-Spec'ed 24 hours Nurb with a Lotus Motorsport Elise

• Thread starter SirBerra
  • 0 comments
United States
Queens, New York City
....and won by a lap. Used a fully modified Lime Green Motorsport Elise '99 which I believe topped out around 330 HP. Added a wing and new rims and did some suspension fiddling (raising the suspension and softening it a bit).

I had the choice of any of my 200+ vehicles, but didn't want to use overkill to win that race. I wasn't sure whether the Motorsport Elise would hold up against all those full race and touring cars, but it dispatched the majority of them with ease. I previewed a race that had a Chaparral 2D and I wonder how it would have fared against that.

The Elise won by a little over a full lap beating out a Nissan Falken GT-R RaceCar. That Elise really rocked with powerslides in some turns and getting five laps per tire change. I started the race using the setting of 3 with Overtake. The Elise was able to build up over a full lap lead. Three-quarters of the way through the race I switched it down to a setting of 2 with Overtake which allowed it to cruise losing a few seconds a lap. It was a case of set it and forget it. I let it run unattended all night long and it just motored on to the win. The reason I keep Overtake on is to keep the car somewhat aggressive over the slower cars. All that simplicity to win such a fine Formula One car. Doesn't make much sense.

I'm not sure why B-Spec points are valuable since I have acquired very few and my cars are still able to win B-Spec races. I would think it's more important how cars are set-up than B-Spec skills. I might be wrong, but so far that's what I've seen. I've only B-Spec'ed races over four hour long and a half dozen times at El Capitan to make credits. (El Capitan was a breeze using a Nissan 390 GT Road Car)

I'm at 92% and I only have to do the two 24 hour Sarthe Circuits, Mission 34, a few dirt races and the Formula GT (I'm not gonna B-Spec those Formula races since the ones I tried are gonna be a breeze to win).

This is just my tale of winning the Nurb in B-Spec and that the Motorsport Elise is such a cheap car to use. Cool.

Back