B2 License Test = ARGH!

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT3Nitro
  • 11 comments
  • 6,137 views
Messages
21
Hi there!

Ok, I know all you peeps on this forum are probably GT3 experts and know the thing inside and out, so I need your help.

I got GT3 for Xmas and it's one of the best games ever, and I'm trying to get all Gold licenses but it's so much more difficult than GT2 and I can't even get gold on B2 and it's sort of embarrassing, lol! In fact I've been trying for the past 5 days with no success, it's THAT bad!

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks,
Joey
 
Welcome to the Planet! :p

My advice is just to keep at it, you will get it (kept repeating that phrase in STUNTMAN :lol:!)
 
Forget the gold... get the license (screw it if you've all bronze)
Go on with the game and come back to the license centre later... acces the test again... and get gold!!

So first get some xp in handling/driving difrent cars!!
 
Sorry, I forgot all about this thread! I passed the B Licence in the end with all gold, and then the A, IB and IA licences after that, also with all gold.

I found that the best thing to do is when you think you just can't do it, take a break and go back to it, it's difficult for me cos I find the game so darn addictive, hehe.

But anyway, I did it. Case closed, I guess?

Joey
 
Alright... I was just diggin' to old unaswered post!! :)
Congrats then!! 👍
But you've get all gold exept the R and S license??? :boggled:
It's possible... but only a month ago you coldn't even get gold on B2, you know what I'm saying!?!

Sure is... I'm more addicted to GT3 then to my girlfriend :)
Just kiddin', but when you begin... you can hardle stop...
 
Unlees you're a perfectionist, then go with what you've got.
I managed only one gold - and that was a fluke for sure. I think 2 silvers, the rest bronze.

I may go back one day and try to better the times, or maybe not...:D
 
I'm a firm believer in 'magic laps', where you suddenly go much faster than you've been before. Once I twigged that this was happening, I just sat and tried and tried and tried, and eventually the magic would come, and I'd beat the time by a second. Weird. Hopefully I won't have to do this in TT10!
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
I'm a firm believer in 'magic laps', where you suddenly go much faster than you've been before. Once I twigged that this was happening, I just sat and tried and tried and tried, and eventually the magic would come, and I'd beat the time by a second. Weird. Hopefully I won't have to do this in TT10!

Me too - I found that out on the Laguna Seca Corkscrew test on the IA licence. I'd already passed but I wanted to get gold so I could get the bonus car. I'd been trying for hours and taking rests now and again, cos I just couldn't reach anywhere near the target time. Then, just when I was going to give up, I was amazingly fast even though I swear I was doing just as bad as I usually was, and I beat the time by 3/10ths of a second!

And it also happened on the IA-8 test and I swear I was never going to be able to do it. I actually sort of officially conceded defeat and thought I'd never get the bonus car, but then I tried again. 2 hours later and still no luck, all of a sudden, it came together and I did a perfect lap, even tho my hands were pretty shakey after all the effort from before, lol.

Joey
 
I actually had very little trouble with the I-b license testings.

The super license was really the only one that gave me trouble.

I also found that the rally license was a breeze, yet I cant do a damn thing when I go to arcade and try the time trials with the rally cars.
 
i found the only way to be beat B2 with gold was to use manual gears.:lol:
 
Originally posted by GT3Nitro
And it also happened on the IA-8 test and I swear I was never going to be able to do it. I actually sort of officially conceded defeat and thought I'd never get the bonus car, but then I tried again. 2 hours later and still no luck, all of a sudden, it came together and I did a perfect lap, even tho my hands were pretty shakey after all the effort from before, lol.

Joey
I'm also a firm believer in "Magic Laps", but, incidentally, when I got gold on IA-8 (just last night!), I don't think it was a magic lap... especially considering that I got it within 15 minutes. To be honest, I thought that the person who did the demo wasn't all that great on that particular course. :p

IA-1 though, now that truly required a magic lap! I was so ready to just punch the person who did the demo on that, because it was so ridiculously hard... I got it after an hour of trying, and my poor X button was nothing but mush afterwards! :lol:
 
I tried manual - gave it up quickly.
The license tests I had problems with were the B grade one which had you going in a tight circle on a wet track - I think a yellow mustang was the car. Took me awhile.

Likewise Laguna Seca with the Viper. Same as for GT2.
The toughie for me was the last test at Monte Carlo. Took ages.
Some tests were straightforward - this one gave me the best feeling of accomplishment.

On several occasions when going through the tests I qualified with a run I initially felt was slower than my other attempts that were hovering close to a bronze cup time. It was a case of perhaps going a fraction slower and keeping the car under a firmer level of control, getting it straighter - sooner and/or less wheelspin around corners - this certainly applied at Monte Carlo.
 
Back