B8 Gold: possible?

• Thread starter raceur
  • 4 comments
Is it possible to get gold on B8 (1.12 in the GT-R '07 at the HSR), on pro, no driving aids, and WITHOUT bouncing off the rails?

If I need to bounce or turn the aids on I'm not interested and will stick with the silver I have. Given the lap record:

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5p/ranking/co11ca45s1m0.html

is 1.12.282 and that involved some offline driving I'm not sure 1.12 is achieveable clean, and anyway it seems a difficult target for a B-class race, that's tougher than some S-class events.

First, assists just slows you down so keep them desactivated.
Second. Are you using manual transmission ? If not DO IT NOW :lol: I'm joking but manual is faster once you've mastered it.
Third. Use draft on the straights.
Fourth. Good luck 👍

Are you driving in professional or standard? Considering those rankings are for S2 tyres and you are given S3 I would imagine its doable, esp considering potential slipstreaming that could be had. A simple search for "gran turismo 5 prologue b8 gold" in youtube gives 3 videos for starters.

Having said that I am struggling on standard, so what do I know, best so far is 1'12.414. It is flaming hard, esp with a controller.

It's all in the draft. You have to catch a draft at the right time and have an otherwise great lap.

Having said that I haven't done it. 1:12.1xx is my best in this event on pro. But I suck at driving the GTR. lol

Yes, like I said I'm on pro, and am not using assists.

Good point re S2/S3. And the drafting. Didn't find any draftable cars, but maybe they're there.

I found those videos already but none are using pro as far as I can see.

Might have a crack at it then ;-)

Had a brief go and best was 1.14.4, but that was with plenty of mistakes and no draft.

Back