Baby Bugatti gets go ahead (Bugatti GT?)

• Thread starter Poverty
  • 22 comments

Poverty

(Banned)
864495020.jpg

864495142.jpg

Congratulations are in order, because there's a baby Bugatti on the way! The model doesn't have a name yet, but the famous horseshoe grille is set to feature on a new 'cut-price' supercar.

The distinctive emblem already adorns the world's fastest production model, the 252mph Veyron. However, it has an £830,000 price tag, while the new machine is expected to sell for £90,000.

Sources say it'll be named after a 17th century painter - so Vermeer, Caravaggio and Rembrandt are all possible. However, fans who are hoping for a junior version of the 16-cylinder Veyron monster look set to be disappointed. Unlike the 987bhp two-seater, the baby model is set to follow more traditional lines.

The entry-level Bugatti is expected to be a front-engined 2+2 using either a VW VR6 or V8 motor. And, as with the Veyron, it could boast all-wheel drive. It'll go head-to-head with Aston Mar-tin's DB9 and the Bentley Continental GT - and as Bugatti, like Bentley, is owned by the VW Group, it could even use the latter's platform to cut costs.

Engineers have already started work on the project. The final design is expec-ted to be signed off early next year, paving the way for a 2008 launch. However, development of the Veyron was plagued by problems, and bosses will be keen to avoid a repeat of that situation.

Not a fan of it.
Is that the concept still, or is that what we're going to see in the production car?

Correct, there's nothing official other than theres a new Bugatti been given the go ahead.

I doubt that is what the car will look like, but I'm good for it. Word was that it was also going to be based on the same platform as the Phaeton/A8/Continental to cut costs... Ohhh well... Maybe they can build an N/A W16?

Rear is dissapointing oddly though I like the front, I used to hate the Veyron front but ever since I saw that damn Top Gear episode I really like the whole car. :dopey:

The article says front engined, 2+2 - the pictures look to be of a mid engined, 2 seater?

Surely they can't just swipe Bentley back lights and bolt them on a potentially £200k car!

Would love to see them use the VR6, because I reckon Bugatti would do some good on the VR6 guys.

ultrabeat
Surely they can't just swipe Bentley back lights and bolt them on a potentially £200k car!

Surely you can't just read the short article, which touches on price of the car. Well under 200k.

Joking. Either way, it will look drastically different than this render. I'd love to see some classy lines like the Maybach Exelero and Morgan Aeromax.

I dont get you guys. Those pictures have nothing to do with bugatti or VAG. They are just something some autocar worker came up with. I only added those pics for the sake of it.

As for the article the info that they've got compared to the info were passing about on another forum is complety different. We think the next veryon will cost about $400k and have 800hp. The chances of making a car thats so cheap after the veyron is very unlikely.

So with Bugatti's stellar track record of development time, this car should be available to purchase in 2013?

kylehnat
So with Bugatti's stellar track record of development time, this car should be available to purchase in 2013?

...around the same time as GT5 for the PS3 probably. :sly:

Latest Posts

Back