BAC Mono 2013

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 24 comments
Brainhulk
The Mono is powered by a 2.3-litre, 285 bhp four-cylinder engine provided by Cosworth. The engine is mounted longitudinally to maintain the centralised balance of the car. The car runs a F3-specification six-speed sequential gearbox developed by Hewland. This gearbox operates a semi-automatic transmission tuned to complete gear shifts in 35 milliseconds. These specifications result in a 0–62 mph (0–100 km/h) time of 2.8 seconds and a top speed of 170 mph (274 km/h) [3]

The Mono ran 1:14.3 at the Top Gear test track. This makes it the second fastest legal production car ever to go around the track

Weight-distribution in the Mono is focused on maintaining a low centre of gravity. The system includes a fully adjustable pushrod suspension system with damping elements made by SACHS Racing. AP Racing developed the retardation and stopping ability of the car.

the-bac-mono.jpg

bacmono8.jpg

I really hope this car makes it into the game. I´m surprised it´s not in GT6. It´s such a pure driving machine and easy on the eyes.

I hope we can get more of these track day cars in the game. Nothing like a car whose purpose is to run like hell on the track and then take you home.

The Mono ran 1:14.3 at the Top Gear test track. This makes it the second fastest legal production car ever to go around the track.

If Pagani didn't cheat and put slicks on the Huayra used for that lap, the Mono would be on top.

I want to drive this in GT for the least because it looks like that it wouldn't be classed as a road legal car in Japan because it looks like that it's too low...
EDIT: Actually, it isn't. It is high as a NSX.

Last edited:
I just remembered GRID 2 has a Bac Mono edition... It cost about 125.000 euros, it brings the car, a GRID 2 racesuit and the game. Deadmau5 is the only person so far to have it. It set the guiness world record for the most expensive game ever.

A very worthy rival to the KTM X-Bow in both Grid 2 and hopefully, if it will be in the game, GT6.

This should absolutely be marked as done by now.
No, it shouldn't. This car is not in the game.

The car in the game is the post-refresh Mono, introduced in 2015. It's 40kg heavier, and has a 2.5-litre Mountune engine instead of the original 2.3-litre Cosworth. There's also structural changes, mainly around the spaceframe to give a slightly wider (56mm) cockpit.

You can see... some of that on the in-game stats, with the car being 580kg instead of 540kg, and having a 305hp 2.5-litre engine instead of a 285hp 2.3.

In fact the car in the game is the road version of this one (which should have been named as a prototype, but at this point it's not really worth the bother), which is absolutely marked as done by now:

Back