BAC Mono Destroys the Red Bull Ring Production Car Lap Record

• Thread starter Famine
  • 8 comments
You do not have to wait for GT7, just hot lap with the car in PC2 now. Not exact same model,, but I am sure will still be far more realistic experience then what you will get in GT7.

I hope the Mono has an amazing handling in GT7. It's such a great car in games like Forza Horizon and Grid 2.
I'm a bit worried about this honestly. GT doesn't have a great track record with the physics of ultra lightweight cars. The Caterham Fireblade in GT5/6 was boring to drive. The X-Bow in GTS is twitchy as hell and they added way too much downforce to compensate for it, making the high speed handling unnatural. Hard to imagine they would get the Mono right. Shame because like you said, it's amazing to drive even in arcade racers like Grid and Driveclub.

On a more positive note, it's amazing to see how close the braking points are to what I use in game. The kerb location and tyre marks are all the same too. Only thing missing is kerb jumping in first and last turns :lol:

Last edited:
You do not have to wait for GT7, just hot lap with the car in PC2 now.
I did actually give that a go on a couple of occasions. The same game that interprets the Lotus 49 as understeery made that car feel positively lifeless. I struggle to believe that driving the real car yields the same driving experience.

Hard to imagine they would get the Mono right. Shame because like you said, it's amazing to drive even in arcade racers like Grid and Driveclub.
I'd love to experience that in Driveclub, sadly you can't pick it anymore after the server shutdown. The Ariel Atom is still available though and in that game they made it into a death trap. Either that or I don't know how to drive at all. Possibly both!

I'd love to experience that in Driveclub, sadly you can't pick it anymore after the server shutdown. The Ariel Atom is still available though and in that game they made it into a death trap. Either that or I don't know how to drive at all. Possibly both!
No the Atom 500 is quite hard to drive, even in real life (just watch the Top Gear lap, the Stig is sideways in every corner). The BAC has less power but a lot more downforce, so it's a lot easier to drive. The closest car in the game would be Caterham SP300R, but even that isn't as good as the BAC. I know it sucks not being able to pick up the online cars anymore :/

Back