BAC Mono ideas 1.34

• Thread starter shadow0460
  • 0 comments
United States
United States
The S parts give the BAC Mono a decent mid range torque boost. In order to keep the HP to 304, you can reduce the output and limiter settings. The carbon driveshaft doesn't reduce the Mono's overall weight. With 1.34, a set of SS tires will last an hour on Trial Mountain with default settings on the best suspension. Negative camber prevents sliding on the nasty S curve after the tunnel.
I have found in several cases that keeping the engine within its peak torque band increases acceleration and saves a TON of fuel. Acceleration can be further boosted by leveling and lowering the car and reducing down force. The lost grip can be made up for with camber and toe settings depending on the weight of the car...lighter cars are easier on tires and thus the tires can handle being toed or cambered without wearing out as fast.
The Mono weighs just under 1300 pounds and has little down force anyway, making it the ideal candidate for high camber and toe values, it also seems to handle high torque fairly well.
I'm thinking the Trial Mountain race is won in that high torque range, having the car top out around 6,000 RPM in 6th gear, maybe 8,000 with the downhill slopes in the tunnel. I don't know how fast I was going, I can't find the var's speedometer in VR mode. I wound up with third, all assists were on. If I learn Trial Mountain and the Mono like I know Spa, Sardegna Road, the F-1500 and the 787B, I might just be able to win that race.

Back