Back after a hiatus

• Thread starter Mr616
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
Planet Earth
silz616
.... and the break has made me realise how great GT Sport is. Although I have not got my wheel setup at the min, this game just feels incredible.

I've not dared to jump into sport mode again until I get my eye in, but felt the need to post as I had a blast doing the time trails for the all the new tracks I had missed. Just felt great to be back.

Sometimes you don't realise how good of a thing you've got, until you either lose it, or have a break and return fresh.

Anyway... enough babble. Hopefully catch some of you in sport mode once I've grown a pair lol.

.... and the break has made me realise how great GT Sport is. Although I have not got my wheel setup at the min, this game just feels incredible.

I've not dared to jump into sport mode again until I get my eye in, but felt the need to post as I had a blast doing the time trails for the all the new tracks I had missed. Just felt great to be back.

Sometimes you don't realise how good of a thing you've got, until you either lose it, or have a break and return fresh.

Anyway... enough babble. Hopefully catch some of you in sport mode once I've grown a pair lol.
Hey Mate, good to hear you’re back.
You were one of my first 5 Friends on GTS, and from what i remember, we both had some good fun together everytime we met. ( Does that sound strange :lol: )?
Awesome.
I‘ve gone through the exact same times like you mentioned in your post, and I absolutely agree.
Anyway, good to see you coming back, welcome home Buddy :cheers:

May as well add my 2c. Been away back home (australia) and our house is also under renos. MAY get a chance to play this week ....maybe. Next 3 months will still be bonkers but here's hoping, suffering withdrawals.

It was pretty much the same for me.
I played GT Sports a bit when it came out, but barely played since (heck, I didn't even do a sports mode race in the whole of 2018 and only 2 or 3 in 2019 before December).
In December I got a new TV and decided to try out GT Sport again and now I'm playing it almost every day as the competition and challenge there is very, very good and fun

Hey Mate, good to hear you’re back.
You were one of my first 5 Friends on GTS, and from what i remember, we both had some good fun together everytime we met. ( Does that sound strange :lol: )?
Awesome.
I‘ve gone through the exact same times like you mentioned in your post, and I absolutely agree.
Anyway, good to see you coming back, welcome home Buddy :cheers:

I've still got the pics from our races mate. Ferrari Gr3 for life :)

Good times were had mate. Hopefully catch you online again soon. I'm kind getting up to speed on pad. Gonna set my wheel up again sometime in the near future.

Glad you're still here. Proper gentleman racer!

May as well add my 2c. Been away back home (australia) and our house is also under renos. MAY get a chance to play this week ....maybe. Next 3 months will still be bonkers but here's hoping, suffering withdrawals.

It feels so good to come back to after a break. Sometimes, the break can do the world of good.

Fingers crossed you get back on asap :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Capture.PNG

Addicted to breaks.:P

Crap health's getting in the way of playing more but I run a custom race whenever I can.

Tried reverting back to the pad in January but failed. Found consistency with it again but it's such a poor substitute (for me) for the wheel, I lost motivation.

View attachment 887626

Addicted to breaks.:P

Crap health's getting in the way of playing more but I run a custom race whenever I can.

Tried reverting back to the pad in January but failed. Found consistency with it again but it's such a poor substitute (for me) for the wheel, I lost motivation.

It's certainly not the same on pad, but it's a really good driving game for a pad. Manages to feel connected to the tarmac, but no substitute for a wheel.

I have been away to get my fix of FPSers (Cod & Apex Legends), and have spent time in hella toxic communities.... It's good to be back, and see the same friendly avatars :)

This community is fantastic on the whole.

P.S wishing you a return to good health asap by the way! All the best.

It's certainly not the same on pad, but it's a really good driving game for a pad. Manages to feel connected to the tarmac, but no substitute for a wheel.

It does the job nicely but it doesn't feel like I'm driving the car any more. I had no right catching the slides I was getting myself into (even though they were a lot of fun:mischievous:) as I can't get anywhere near the reaction times of the pad on my wheel. That breaks my immersion.

I don't race any more but I still enjoy the driving. The thumb stick just doesn't cut it any more.

Well what a night to come back, Bathurst as race C and the perfect format with a little tyre wear and no worries about fuel. Sadly i was matched with folks a SOLID 3 seconds a lap slower than me, I won by near 30 seconds but i'll take it.

Well what a night to come back, Bathurst as race C and the perfect format with a little tyre wear and no worries about fuel. Sadly i was matched with folks a SOLID 3 seconds a lap slower than me, I won by near 30 seconds but i'll take it.

I may have a few qually runs tonight, but don't think I'll be racing yet. Waaaay to rusty. I'd be a liability (especially since I was DR:A when I left... I'm way off that currently lol).

I'm a fake A. Had a few runs with tracks and cars I like and my SR had taken a hit so my DR climbed to 36K. I will be found out tonight as my SR is up over 80 and I'll whittle down to sub 30K soon enough i am sure.

Back