Back to GT1 again, i gotta say....

• Thread starter vk56dehan
  • 10 comments
this game is tough. Compared to the other 4 games of the series...gt1 is much more challenging in A license and up races, or is it just me??

btw..while im having trouble, what is the best and fastest car for the "Normal Car Race". I was using the NSX but im still having problems winning. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Yeah, use the Viper. That series is a pain in the 🤬. Basically you have to finish 1st in the first 4 races and finish 3rd or better in the final race to win it. Autumn Ring Mini with a Viper is not that fun...

Ive had the game for 13 years...and just got around to playing it back in June...and it was hell...Most difficult learning curve of any game that I have played. The license test are legendary...most difficult thing I have ever done in video games....had to go on youtube and watch examples and just copy the racing line.....

I think the Viper is the fastest normal car....I like the RT/10.....version as it handles slightly better than the GTS....either one will do.....there are no short cuts with this game..outside of a gameshark...gotta put in the time....to get the results....I am doing the Hard Tuned Series at the moment....these damn cars take 200 mile an hour turns without breaking...especially that NSX....incredibly difficult

Ive had the game for 13 years...and just got around to playing it back in June...and it was hell...Most difficult learning curve of any game that I have played. The license test are legendary...most difficult thing I have ever done in video games....had to go on youtube and watch examples and just copy the racing line.....

I think the Viper is the fastest normal car....I like the RT/10.....version as it handles slightly better than the GTS....either one will do.....there are no short cuts with this game..outside of a gameshark...gotta put in the time....to get the results....I am doing the Hard Tuned Series at the moment....these damn cars take 200 mile an hour turns without breaking...especially that NSX....incredibly difficult

Ya i got a gameshark from my buddy for free, but to be honest, I dont even know what it is. Dont wanna cheat and take the fun from the game though. Ill get it eventually right lol? Just waiting for this headache to go away before i get on...the bad graphics hurt my eyes and will make my headache worse. I might be back on for questions about the tuned series too lol. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Wow...with the viper it was really easy...placed 1st in all 5 races

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh I remember that tuned series! The biggest pain in the arse ever!!! Back when I was 6, I had no idea how to tune cars, I had a Galant VR-4 Race Modified (Fully Tuned) and I entered in that race.... biggest.... challenge.... ever!!! The goddamn thing under steered like a pig!!

Oh I remember that tuned series! The biggest pain in the arse ever!!! Back when I was 6, I had no idea how to tune cars, I had a Galant VR-4 Race Modified (Fully Tuned) and I entered in that race.... biggest.... challenge.... ever!!! The goddamn thing under steered like a pig!!

I just did the tuned series with the GTO TT. It was still a pain....but got 1st in the championship after 2 tries. Saw the end credits again. Time to finish out GT2 now

I can see where you're coming from GT1 is still the hardest of the main 5 games - mainly because making a mistake is a) easy and b) very punishable. And I still have no idea how to actually get around SSR11 :boggled: It's still the best GT though because there aren't any flaws in it unlike the other 4 (difficulty isn't a flaw, it's just there).

Good luck with GT2. The race system for it is still kinda dodgy for me but you should have immense fun with all the cars in the game. ;)

[size=+1]GT1[/size] was so manageable in scale, however, that you could keep redoing series again and again.

In the Normal Series you can start winning with a Viper, and practice until you can win with a TVR, then a good Skyline or Supra, then an NSX, then some RX-7s, etc. Or some Imprezas. Hey, I check my records, and I did win with a Lancer Evo III.

I heard people even won it with a DB7 or Eclipse!

The Hard-Tuned Series seemed difficult at first, but was somewhat easier to win because the AI would "trade points". (If you follow some of them at Clubman R5 or SSR11, you'll see they have quite a lot of trouble in some cases). You start with something overpowering, but later can win with something elegant, like an RX-7 or a 180SX.

My highlight of [size=+1]GT1[/size] obsession...
http://gt2toxs.webring.com/gt/diary/2000-10-29.html

By-the-way...
If the AI (NSX) wins 2 and comes 2nd in the rest, it only gets 36 points.

You can afford to come 2nd in one race, and 3rd in another to get 37 points. Winning 4 races allows you to win a 5 race series no matter how you place in the 5th race. (Max AI can get is 24 plus 9 == 33; you've already got 36).

As I say, in the Hard-Tuned Series, you can win with pretty low totals sometimes.

9-6-4-3-2-1 unlike later games.

I haven't done the Normal car race yet, but I'm planning to do it using a Viper.

I tried it with a DB7 Coupe, you really need to put alot of effort in to win using one, either that or keep doing the race over and over to get the starting grid with slow cars.

Back