Back to my hybrid questions

Ok,
I was wondering. Looking at all the basecodes for GT2, I started to wonder...what would be the purpose of changing stuff like the transmission and other stuff. Also, is it possible to build a car from scratch w/out having one in your garage? If so, where do you derive the codes that follow all of the GT2 Basecodes like transmission, turbo etc...
Thanks

Nope, U can't build a car from scratch. There isn't much benifit to doing a tranny swap. When racing hybrids in a series, U might do it to gain some speed by putting in the 7 sp from the pleo, but U have to keep the car named pleo to be able to adjust it. For normal purposes it's usually best to buy a car and put things on it like the full race tranny, and suspension, and then put it in slot 1 and save then do your hybriding.

Sorry I missed that part of your Q. If U have either MS Excel, or MS works on your PC, I have a spreadsheet that contains 99.9% of the part codes for GT2, and I can mail it to ya. Just let me know which program U have, so I send the right one. If U don't have either, there are some good websites that have many codes. I can post the links later on if U can't use the spreadsheet.

Also, I sent U a couple of private messages about this, don't know if U have checked. ;)

I tried to mail that sheet to ya, but it came back to me, so here is a link to down load it. The zip file contains both the Excel version (.xls), and the works version.

D/L GT2ML2

There is a GT2 god!!!!!!
Thanks alot Heydu, kudos on your helpful little chart. Just wondering though, in order to use the parts, do they have to be in the car they are made for? For example, can I use the 7sp tranny in a viper for example? I prolly wouldn't be able to adjust it. Thanks again :D

Nope they don't have to be used in they're own car. Trannies are the most fussy part to swap though, very touchy. If I remember correctly, U have to change the car name and car body to the pleo when U swap trannies, then go into the settings screen, but don't adjust any thing, then go and save game, now go back to settings and adjust the tranny the way U want it, and save again. Now U can change the car body to whatever U want, and can still adjust the tranny as long as U leave it named pleo. I think thats how it went.

Back