Back up save question

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattZR1
  • 8 comments
  • 828 views
Messages
932
United States
Peoria, AZ, USA
Messages
MattZR1_81
I am getting paranoid about corrupt data after reading about it happening to alot of people. My question is how much space is needed to back up a save file onto a USB thumb drive?

Also I will have to constantly backup if I want to keep my save file up to date with my original save, correct?
 
I am getting paranoid about corrupt data after reading about it happening to alot of people. My question is how much space is needed to back up a save file onto a USB thumb drive? Less than 1 gb

Also I will have to constantly backup if I want to keep my save file up to date with my original save, correct?
Correct, I back mine up nightly to be safe
 
I am getting paranoid about corrupt data after reading about it happening to alot of people. My question is how much space is needed to back up a save file onto a USB thumb drive?

Also I will have to constantly backup if I want to keep my save file up to date with my original save, correct?

Seeing how the savefile usually is in between 1-4MB, any USB drive will do.

And yes, update it regularly.
 
MattZR1
Sounds noobish, but how do you use online backup in PSN?

You have to spend $50/year to subscribe to PlayStatipn Plus. If you don't subscribe then you can't use the online backup feature.

Any USB drive will do. I've backed up all of my unlocked saves (about 20 or so) and it took up a whole 30 MB of space on a 2 Gig USB drive.

I would also recommend duplicating the save by copying the backup to a computer and always keep two different files backed up. If you exit the game and the save file corrupts in the process (you wouldn't know it until you try and load the game next time, right), if you back up that file you've now just backed up your corrupt save file and overwritten you good save file.

I keep one backup on my USB drive, one on PSN and another on my computer. I may be paranoid, but with the amount to time I've sunk into this game I don't want to risk losing a save file.
 
Thanks JetPilot for the detailed explanation. Muchos Gracias.
 
I personally backup to PSN, a usb stick and then back up on my PC... just to be safe. My brother had a corrupt savefile and thankfully he had an older savefile stored on a separate usb stick. So people back up your data!!!!
 
I keep one on a USB stick and the other on my phone.
 
Back