Back up your saves!PS4 

• Thread starter Mike_grpA
  • 13 comments
Australia
Tasmania, AU
stigsdaddy
I'm making this thread as a courtesy to all of you ps4 owners who play Project CARS. Back up your saves to the cloud (if you have ps+) or to usb storage as often as possible. Every time you exit the game preferably. I will start doing this now, as I had the game crash and corrupt my save, making me lose all my progress. A bad bug to have in a game, I know, but at least there's a way to avoid it forcing you to start from scratch (which I'll now have to do 🤬:mad::grumpy:).

If this thread prevents even one person from having to re-do everything again, it'll be worth it.

Sorry to hear Mike. In my 3,5 yrs of testing i received hundreds of crashes of course, but never ever one of my save games got corrupted on the PC :boggled:

Yeah I've seen quite a few people have experienced crashes in this game, but haven't seen anyone complaining of the crash corrupting the save, so my guess is my game probably crashed at a time when the save was being accessed by the game. Would be just my luck for it to happen at the worst possible moment lol.

Yeah I had this the other day. Glad it happened now rather than later, as I've only done the first race weekend in the Clios. Rest of my time I've been playing with FFB. Yeah, literally doing that for days on end. For fun too... not out of moaning at it. I'm a geek with this kind of stuff :D

Don't games have backups for such an occasion? I remember I corrupted my GT6 save data but found a back up already there. Or is this a PS3 feature

Yeah I had this the other day. Glad it happened now rather than later, as I've only done the first race weekend in the Clios. Rest of my time I've been playing with FFB. Yeah, literally doing that for days on end. For fun too... not out of moaning at it. I'm a geek with this kind of stuff :D

Yeah I was going for the "zero to hero" career path, and was in the middle of my Formula Rookie championship, after doing Karts and Superkarts, not to mention the numerous invitationals.

Don't games have backups for such an occasion? I remember I corrupted my GT6 save data but found a back up already there. Or is this a PS3 feature

I remember that on ps3 too. Unfortunately it looks like ps4 doesn't do this. I have an external hdd I can back my saves up to though, I just wish I had known this was going to happen so I could have started backing the saves up beforehand lol.

Back