Backspace deletes double line

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 11 comments
Australia
Australia
I_Grayson_Fox_I
Every now and then when I am typing, if I were to hit backspace the line I am working on would delete the double line.
The issue occurs on my laptop and desktop.
Both are running Linux Mint 21.1
But this issue was happening on version 21, as well as 20.3.

Seems to only happen on this site.
Video if the issue happening

Me as well, running Windows 11 with Chrome... but it happens pretty well every time I hit backspace in the same circumstances as @Grayfox.

Edit: It's been like this since the last big site upgrade for me. I should also add that I was using a different computer with Windows 10 at that time.

Last edited:
This can occur if you hold down the Shift key when you press Enter to create a new line. It's a known bug in the WYSIWYG software used by XenForo and should be fixed in a future patch soon.

To prevent it from happening, simply press the Enter key to create a new line. There is no need to hold down the Shift key.

This can occur if you hold down the Shift key when you press Enter to create a new line. It's a known bug in the WYSIWYG software used by XenForo and should be fixed in a future patch soon.

To prevent it from happening, simply press the Enter key to create a new line. There is no need to hold down the Shift key.
I just use enter to make a new line.
I use Firefox.

I just tested fresh installs of Firefox on both Windows 10 and 11 and was not able to replicate it (unless Shift + Enter was used).

You could take a look at browser plugins which might be interacting with the text in unexpected ways.

Plugins active.
I dont care about cookies
Disables cookies for that GDPR crap

Lastpass
Password Manager

New Tab Tools,
Quick access to commonly used tabs

Search by Image,
Image Search

Show/Hide Passwords
Unmasks passwords

To Google Translate,