Backup of saved data Still possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Subadubaru
  • 4 comments
  • 559 views
Messages
2
United States
Fresno, CA
Messages
WRXtasy0806
I want to start a new game and start from scratch but not lose my original saved data. Can you still back up your saved data On the USB flash drive and reload it at a later date? Or have they patched that since people were using it to cheat the game?
 
It might be easier to just create a second PS profile if you want to start from scratch.
 
It might be easier to create a second profile and PSN account, yes... but it is still possible to back up your save to a USB stick or hard drive or whatever. In fact, it is still very very foolish and reckless not to do so. They should just tell you when you are booting up the game during one of the 16 times it saves before you get a chance to drive "It is highly recommended to make a backup of your save game at least once a week."

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can also simply copy your save to another profile on the PS3 and use that as a backup as well. You can't play in another profile with the backup, but you can use a profile to hold a backup. This is of course not going to help you if your PS3 dies, so using removable media is still the best way to go.
 
Well I play for trophys as well and I would like to keep my current profile And I missed a few. But at the same time I don't want to loose all of my current progress. So even though I back up my first game and start another I can backup my second game at a later date and load my first one and continue where I left off?
 
Well I play for trophys as well and I would like to keep my current profile And I missed a few. But at the same time I don't want to loose all of my current progress. So even though I back up my first game and start another I can backup my second game at a later date and load my first one and continue where I left off?

Yes. 👍
 
Back